• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably favorite pair of all I own. Understated, not overly cowboy, comfortable as hell, and built like a western boot version of Aldens. I think you need a pair.

I got rid of my old ariat boots that looked similar a few years back and you're right. Are those Rios?

Polo Prep

Reaction score
View attachment 1243419

Sorry, that pic sort of dark, this is better. Thanks Swan, I'll look him up. Yes, big vintage analog guy here. That's an Akai GX-266D. It sounds great through my McRack! Here is another pair of old boots, no tags, but I'm guessing Tony Lamas. They are small for me, but I love the look of 'Em. Any info anybody can supply will be appreciated! View attachment 1243424
Hello cabinetto! I’m a long time styleforum member and I happen to come across your thread on these boots!

They’re beautiful. I just happened to purchase a vintage pair of cowboy boots with the same exact boot shaft. The seller did not know the complete history, but states that they were from the 50’s from a custom boot maker in Bandera,TX.
46D89710-129B-43E7-A003-35EAE528B75C.png

Here’s a pic of my boots. Were you able to find out more history as to your boots?Now, I’m not fully convinced that these were totally custom boots. I’m wondering if they are indeed old Tony Lamas!

Cheers,
Lee

Leocurrently

Reaction score
When I do wear some of my cowboy boots at my job at Office Max, I get a lot of compliments. Of course, I wear them in the winter or rainy days in Ohio.

Attachments

• 73C2BDCD-FBA4-41DF-89D9-CB61F5225CFB.jpeg
    73C2BDCD-FBA4-41DF-89D9-CB61F5225CFB.jpeg
    693.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 8821DDB8-BFC1-4831-9E8E-55FBC8E72F76.jpeg
    8821DDB8-BFC1-4831-9E8E-55FBC8E72F76.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 100

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got rid of my old ariat boots that looked similar a few years back and you're right. Are those Rios?

Yeah, I don't think these were a store make up or anything, but I got these at a place called Stages West in Tennessee a few years ago now. Their ropers are pretty consistent though, and you can find a pretty wide variety online. These look close to the ones I have, but mine might be a slightly different color. Like I said, they are western without being overly cowboy, and likely about the only boots I could wear around town when we lived in Philly without eliciting the lols from them city slickers haha

Edit:

Found the exact model at their website:

Treble

Reaction score
Are there any options for made in USA roper boots retailed in the EU other than Red Wing?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any options for made in USA roper boots retailed in the EU other than Red Wing?

Suggest try Frye or Lucchese. Frye may no longer make many of their boots in the U.S., but Lucchese does, and you may be able to find a local retailer? If not, chance they will ship. I checked Rios just now, and could not find any retailers located outside of the U.S.

Treble

Reaction score
Suggest try Frye or Lucchese. Frye may no longer make many of their boots in the U.S., but Lucchese does, and you may be able to find a local retailer? If not, chance they will ship. I checked Rios just now, and could not find any retailers located outside of the U.S.

Thank you, appreciate it. Lucchese look good but shipping from USA to EU adds to the cost considerably so will investigate EU suppliers. Real shame Red Wing have cut down their pecos model range.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Love the pecos in rough out , but alas hard to come by in the states

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, appreciate it. Lucchese look good but shipping from USA to EU adds to the cost considerably so will investigate EU suppliers. Real shame Red Wing have cut down their pecos model range.

Lucchese is probably one of the largest makers of quality western boots in the U.S. so I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a retailer in EU that carries them, but then again, I have no clue how popular western boots are outside the south and southwestern U.S. so....

Treble

Reaction score
Lucchese is probably one of the largest makers of quality western boots in the U.S. so I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a retailer in EU that carries them, but then again, I have no clue how popular western boots are outside the south and southwestern U.S. so....

There are a fair few surprisingly, probably more of the line dancing / Western Americana type than fashion though.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a fair few surprisingly, probably more of the line dancing / Western Americana type than fashion though.

Interesting. That said, I did see Alessandro Squarzi wearing a pair of suede ropers (by Rios coincidentally) in an Instagram post just the other day, so maybe about to become more than a fair few given he has his share of devotees..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads