• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
Bick 4 is what I've had the best results with. I apply it with my bare hand, let it soak in, brush, then lightly buff with an old sock. That should do the trick!

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great. I just got my first bottle of Bick 4 and give it a try this wrekend. Thanks

Americanaaa

Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard of Cuadra boots from Mexico?

Python vamp
Cowhide upper
Mule ear pull loops
Leather lining
Stitched leather sole with rubber inlay
14'' tall including heel
Welt Construction
Handmade in Mexico
Authentic mexicana-western boots

Last edited:

Hannerhan

Reaction score
The JB Hills have been great. Wear them about once a week and have since purchase. Would recommend.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The JB Hills have been great. Wear them about once a week and have since purchase. Would recommend.
Cool. I am a sucker for boots that are already broken in.
1f601.png

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tailor shop in my city has an account with Lucchese and for the last couple of years I have toyed with the idea of getting a pair. They look really well made and do custom work, but I just cant imagine that I would wear them more than a handful of times a year. With that said, I have steered a few friends from out of town to the shop to order boots and they love them. We'll see if 2017 is the year of the occasional boot for me!

bbob2013

Reaction score

Good to hear! I am seriously considering doing a project with them or other West Tex makers.

What are your thoughts on the shell? Is it showing a lot of wrinkles/waves per standard dress shoes? I haven't ran across too many makers that work in shell for western boots, those look awesome.

Hannerhan

Reaction score

Good to hear! I am seriously considering doing a project with them or other West Tex makers.

What are your thoughts on the shell? Is it showing a lot of wrinkles/waves per standard dress shoes? I haven't ran across too many makers that work in shell for western boots, those look awesome.

It's actually not waving up nearly as much as my Aldens have. I generally don't travel with them or put heavy wear on them so maybe that's why, but they look remarkably new. The calfskin shafts are getting a nicely wrinkled look, so overall I'd say they're aging very well.

Hannerhan

Reaction score

It's actually not waving up nearly as much as my Aldens have. I generally don't travel with them or put heavy wear on them so maybe that's why, but they look remarkably new. The calfskin shafts are getting a nicely wrinkled look, so overall I'd say they're aging very well.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard of Cuadra boots from Mexico?

Python vamp
Cowhide upper
Mule ear pull loops
Leather lining
Stitched leather sole with rubber inlay
14'' tall including heel
Welt Construction
Handmade in Mexico
Authentic mexicana-western boots

Very nice man!! Post another pic when you wear them!! Thanks

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some stuff from the past fall. These ones are Rios of Mercedes. Hard to find a boot I like better than this or a maker I prefer more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads