1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cover button holes on sleeves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Minetti, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Minetti

Minetti New Member

Hi,

Is it possible to move a working button from the sleeves of a coat behind the last button. I want to shorten my sleeves but do not trust the altering in the shoulders. So I thought maybe this could be a solution, but would depend on how it would look when covering the the hole from the button that was moved.

regards,

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Depends on the coat, but you might have luck finding a tailor who will have to unsewn and resewn from the shoulder all the sleeve.

3. Minetti

Minetti New Member

Yes, but this is what I would like to avoid, because of the difficulty and bad experience with this kind of operation. So that is why I thought about moving the front button and sewing the hole together.