Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Couple quick questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by logan858, Jul 11, 2012.

1. logan858

logan858 Active Member

hi. within the last few months i've begun working at an upscale clothing store (well, upscale for my town anyways :p ) before going back to school, and i've learned more about clothing and tailoring in 6 months than i ever thought i would know. other than my natural affinity for clothing, (err, lol) i really had zero knowledge of clothing construction or anything remotely technical... and if there's one thing i hate is not knowing your job, so i'm always trying to learn more about fabrics and the construction of suits and tailoring processes, especially since i plan to be there for at least another year.

ANYWAYS, i'm still learning tons, and i run into new questions all the time. yesterday i ran into two things i was wondering about.

1. what is a taped armhole? I saw it written on a shirt tag, a fairly cheap leo chevalier shirt, with a number of other things and had never heard that term used before.

and 2. what are sport loops on a pant? and what distinguishes sport loops from other loops? it was advertised in our coppley spring 2012 catalogue on a pant. I *assumed* it must be some sort of configuration of the belt loops, but really, it's the first time i've heard people talk about the loops of a pant.

thx SF, hope u guys can help me out :)

[edit] just saw the quick questions thread now :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012