Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

couple of questions for denim gurus...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The_Foxx, Mar 25, 2006.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

couple of questions for you denim gurus....

1. does this look like a legit source for reasonably priced Nudie jeans?
    http://www.jepboutique.com/Merchant2...ory_Code=nudie

2. recently bought this diesel 'jubeth' jacket in vegas-- one of my favorite casual items ever purchased. i really like the zippered sleeves, and can wear it with a t-shirt, buttondown, or even with a shirt and tie [if you're weird enuf to try it]

[​IMG]

any ideas for something similar to this jacket? would like to buy something kinda like it.

3. what are the general thoughts on Rock & Republic jeans? also while in vegas, liked them so much i ended up buying two pairs (both in the 'henley' model, to different styles). I know, overpriced and already broken-in/ various washes, but what do you think of the brand, etc.?
    [​IMG]

thanks!

2. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

I think R&R makes very elegant jeans, fitting and flattering. Also their washes aren't particularly far out and overdone in general, which is always a good thing. Leave that kind of thing to A&F.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

2. recently bought this diesel 'jubeth' jacket in vegas-- one of my favorite casual items ever purchased. i really like the zippered sleeves, and can wear it with a t-shirt, buttondown, or even with a shirt and tie [if you're weird enuf to try it]

any ideas for something similar to this jacket? would like to buy something kinda like it.

Can't find a stock photo right at the minute, but I have several different versions of G-Star's 'Studs' jacket - one in distressed denim, one in black, and one in army green. Slim fit, like your Diesel jacket, but with a cafe racer style collar. And, luckily, almost logo-free, except for a tiny tag on one arm.

I'll take some photos when I get a minute.

4. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior member

Isn't rock&republic victoria beckham's brand...?[​IMG]

5. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

Yes there is a VB line in their products, however those are crap, their more standard Roths are way better. Judge not the company by the dirt that VB wears (while looking slutty and not-hot in the process)

6. Flame

Flame Senior member

If Rock and Republic tone down on the logos, they would be pretty good.

7. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

8. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

The Nudies look legit, but you should try to find them from a european shop.

oipolloi.com (uk) has dry selvage ralph's for almost the same price as you are paying there.

As for the rest, I wouldn't.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you want a good take on a biker jacket, take a look at a brand I am repping www.michaeljkrell.com. Check out the pics on the site. It has the arm zips, as well as a really interesting pocket detail. As luck would have it, a couple of samples he sent me were a little too big in the shoulders for my liking, and I asked him to redo them for me, but I've seen your build (you are a shorter, muscular 40-42 R, right?,) and the samples (they are in a great chocolate brown - I have a version of the "denim" jacket in the same material and color) would probably be right for you. They retail a little more than the Diesel jackets, but are really a lot better constructed, with Italian made buttons, full bemberg lining, and terrific finishing and trims. Probably as well constructed as Rag & Bone jackets, though the cutting is still being played around with. If you are interested, PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If you want a good take on a biker jacket, take a look at a brand I am repping www.michaeljkrell.com. Check out the pics on the site. It has the arm zips, as well as a really interesting pocket detail. As luck would have it, a couple of samples he sent me were a little too big in the shoulders for my liking, and I asked him to redo them for me, but I've seen your build (you are a shorter, muscular 40-42 R, right?,) and the samples (they are in a great chocolate brown - I have a version of the "denim" jacket in the same material and color) would probably be right for you. They retail a little more than the Diesel jackets, but are really a lot better constructed, with Italian made buttons, full bemberg lining, and terrific finishing and trims. Probably as well constructed as Rag & Bone jackets, though the cutting is still being played around with. If you are interested, PM me, and I'll see what I can do.
    Hey, can you tell Michael not to resize my damn browser? I hate that. EVERYONE hates that.

I like that jacket, though.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hey, can you tell Michael not to resize my damn browser? I hate that. EVERYONE hates that.

I like that jacket, though.

Yep, sort of pisses me off too. I'll pas it along.

12. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

damn-- i guess i should have waited a little longer before discovering the wonders of urban outfitters!

I ended up ordering this jacket and a new jeans belt today, sorry i couldn't take you up on the cool jackets from the website.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...89&crosssell=1

AND I SHALL CALL IT.....MY LUKE SKYWALKER IN DAGOBAH JACKET!

13. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Urban Outfitters is a good store for odd items. A lot of the times, I found a couple of White Label Nike Tees. If the shipping was monsterous, I'd buy one.

14. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

is this the jacket you have?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...roductID=10104

Yep, that's the one(s) I have - although it looks like UO have marked the price up a tad.

I like the look of the 555 Soul jacket you picked out. Side vents - it's very you.