• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple of computer questions

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My kid was playing a Nickelodian game online last night and for some reason, the screen rotated 180 degrees. I tried in Control Panel, appearances to fix it but don't see where that can be done. Perhaps resetting to original factory settings. Would that work? And how do you do it? Any other ideas?

My other question is about Google ad words. The Google ad words that appear when you do a Google search on my company contain old info. Apparently this is cached somewhere. The link it provides sends people to our Web site. Since these are free words, and not a paid service, Google is completely unhelpful. I have my boss on my posterior to fix this and have had no freaking luck at all. How can I get these words updated to reflect what we do now, as opposed to what we did 3 years ago? Especially when this description does not exist anywhere on our Web site, i.e. it must be cached elsewhere?

Thanks,

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a place to get started fixing the google problem: https://www.google.com/webmasters/

I'm not sure if you're on a Mac or PC, but to rotate the screen orientation on a PC, right click on the desktop, go to "properties", then the "settings" tab, then click "advanced" and then from there it could be located under some custom tab for your video card. For example, on mine, I click on "GeForce 7900" then I see a menu that lets me change the NVRotate settings. There I can flip it around 90 degrees at a time, set Landscape or Portrait, etc.

These may not be exact solutions, but they're a start.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a flat screen monitor, it is possibly the utility that came with the monitor. Did you try to Right Click > Properties > Settings > Advanced and look for any monitor settings. Mine has a tab for my video card in the Advanced dialog box entitled "GeForce 6600GT" and in that there is a utility called nvRotate that rotates my monitor. In regards to "Ad words". I believe you don't mean Google's paid advertising system entitled AdWords but rather just the search index and the keywords and pages regarding your website. Here is a link with instructions to remove pages, cached pages, etc on google http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=35301 They keywords and description you wish to use should be reflected in the Meta tags on your website. EDIT: haha a minute too late, briancl beat me to it
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads