• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple nice Brioni suits on ebay (52L, 46L)

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In addition to selling homes, I've taken up mind reading.

I'll start with kitonbrioni:

I'm now reading his thoughts, it's coming slowly, I see the thoughts being formed!!!

He's thinking, "Another couple of overpriced Ebay deals, I can get a better deal at Filenes!"
musicboohoo[1].gif

My thoughts: 2 beautiful suits and superb deals!!!! Sometime you can get fantastic values on Ebay, and this is an example! I wish they were in my size.
laugh.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stay tuned: the_shooman is next!!!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I think this guy would sell this suit for 600 or so, it's been up for awhile.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brioni-perfect-b...QQcmdZViewItem
[/url]

Or perhaps less. I bid on a used Brioni 50e that went for 141.00 EUR, just over my autobid. However, the listing was in German, so that might have kept the price down a bit.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, listen. Who's gone to a store recently and tried on a Brioni suit. These ebay things are dogs from the 1980s my grandpa wore compared with what's in the stores. So fork over $5K for the real deal or get 80% of the suit in an Isaia for half the price? Or wear a dog from ebay.

Edit--that first one is ****. Nice one, drizzt!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
OK, listen. Who's gone to a store recently and tried on a Brioni suit. These ebay things are dogs from the 1980s my grandpa wore compared with what's in the stores. So fork over $5K for the real deal or get 80% of the suit in an Isaia for half the price? Or wear a dog from ebay.

Edit--that first one is ****. Nice one, drizzt!

Heh ya, the first one is really sharp. If I didn't have a similar suit from Brioni I would snap it up.

I think both of those are recent though. I bought a solid navy suit from the second buyer and it looked like a 2004 or 2005 model, and it went for about $350.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
I havent yet jumped on the eBay Brioni wagon for that reason. There is just that possibility that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I have purchased all my Brionis at Neimans. The 2B Nomentano cut is a classic that will never go out of style.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi
I havent yet jumped on the eBay Brioni wagon for that reason. There is just that possibility that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I have purchased all my Brionis at Neimans. The 2B Nomentano cut is a classic that will never go out of style.

So you'd pay $5k for the same thing that you'd buy for $1250-2000 new or $300-900 as new? makes a lot of sense to me.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
So you'd pay $5k for the same thing that you'd buy for $1250-2000 new or $300-900 as new? makes a lot of sense to me.

Well, yes and no. I have a very good salesman who looks out for me when they have last call and private sales. The pieces I have paid full price for are the classic solid grey and navy. Those never get marked down.

Besides, I can afford to pay for luxury.
nod[1].gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi
Well, yes and no. I have a very good salesman who looks out for me when they have last call and private sales. The pieces I have paid full price for are the classic solid grey and navy. Those never get marked down.

Besides, I can afford to pay for luxury.
nod[1].gif

Yeah, it's likely those won't be available on sale, but being able to afford it isn't a good reason for overpaying IMHO. Most people still have a use for additional funds regardless of their financial standing. Being more well off just means taking a chance on a particular ebay sale won't matter in any case if it ends up being not legit, and if it is, you've purchased the same thing for $300-900 that you would for five times the price in a retail store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads