Couple nice Brioni suits on ebay (52L, 46L)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Aug 21, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

In addition to selling homes, I've taken up mind reading.

I'll start with kitonbrioni:

I'm now reading his thoughts, it's coming slowly, I see the thoughts being formed!!!

He's thinking, "Another couple of overpriced Ebay deals, I can get a better deal at Filenes!"[​IMG]

My thoughts: 2 beautiful suits and superb deals!!!! Sometime you can get fantastic values on Ebay, and this is an example! I wish they were in my size.[​IMG]

3. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

stay tuned: the_shooman is next!!!

4. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I think this guy would sell this suit for 600 or so, it's been up for awhile.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brioni-perfect-b...QQcmdZViewItem
    [/url]

Or perhaps less. I bid on a used Brioni 50e that went for 141.00 EUR, just over my autobid. However, the listing was in German, so that might have kept the price down a bit.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

That first suit is a terrific deal.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

If it floats your boat then you better get it. However, there are better deals around.

7. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

OK, listen. Who's gone to a store recently and tried on a Brioni suit. These ebay things are dogs from the 1980s my grandpa wore compared with what's in the stores. So fork over $5K for the real deal or get 80% of the suit in an Isaia for half the price? Or wear a dog from ebay.

Edit--that first one is tits. Nice one, drizzt!

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

OK, listen. Who's gone to a store recently and tried on a Brioni suit. These ebay things are dogs from the 1980s my grandpa wore compared with what's in the stores. So fork over $5K for the real deal or get 80% of the suit in an Isaia for half the price? Or wear a dog from ebay.

Edit--that first one is tits. Nice one, drizzt!

Heh ya, the first one is really sharp. If I didn't have a similar suit from Brioni I would snap it up.

I think both of those are recent though. I bought a solid navy suit from the second buyer and it looked like a 2004 or 2005 model, and it went for about $350.

9. Rollo Tomasi

Rollo Tomasi Member

I havent yet jumped on the eBay Brioni wagon for that reason. There is just that possibility that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I have purchased all my Brionis at Neimans. The 2B Nomentano cut is a classic that will never go out of style.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I havent yet jumped on the eBay Brioni wagon for that reason. There is just that possibility that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I have purchased all my Brionis at Neimans. The 2B Nomentano cut is a classic that will never go out of style.

So you'd pay $5k for the same thing that you'd buy for $1250-2000 new or $300-900 as new? makes a lot of sense to me.

11. Rollo Tomasi

Rollo Tomasi Member

So you'd pay $5k for the same thing that you'd buy for $1250-2000 new or $300-900 as new? makes a lot of sense to me.

Well, yes and no. I have a very good salesman who looks out for me when they have last call and private sales. The pieces I have paid full price for are the classic solid grey and navy. Those never get marked down.

Besides, I can afford to pay for luxury. [​IMG]

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Well, yes and no. I have a very good salesman who looks out for me when they have last call and private sales. The pieces I have paid full price for are the classic solid grey and navy. Those never get marked down.

Besides, I can afford to pay for luxury. [​IMG]

Yeah, it's likely those won't be available on sale, but being able to afford it isn't a good reason for overpaying IMHO. Most people still have a use for additional funds regardless of their financial standing. Being more well off just means taking a chance on a particular ebay sale won't matter in any case if it ends up being not legit, and if it is, you've purchased the same thing for $300-900 that you would for five times the price in a retail store.