Country Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Apr 13, 2009.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

2. Roy Biggins

Roy Biggins Senior member

I'm not too much of a George Strait fan, but god, this song is great (so is this performance).

(Sorry, embedding is disabled for this video)

3. Roy Biggins

Roy Biggins Senior member

Just playin' possum, and layin' low.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

5. edinatlanta

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Not sure if I linked to this earlier. Perhaps my favorite song ever.

This one's for the South.

6. aizan

aizan Senior member

this sums me up perfectly.

7. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

It don't matter who's in Austin
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

Not sure if I linked to this earlier. Perhaps my favorite song ever.

This one's for the South.

Hey, I remember this thread! Until today I didn't realize that romafan had responded to my question re: alt country =/= country. I disagree, but it's a fair point (I'll refrain from reviving a two-month-old debate).

Incidentally, that's one of my favorite III songs. The Kid Rock line is one of the best assessments of his wannabe Southerner BS I've ever heard. I've always thought someone should tell Mr. Rock that being a piece of white trash who likes Southern rock and Country music doesn't give you Southern cred. He's tried so hard to come off as a Southerner he ends up just living up to every negative Southern stereotype in the book.

9. edinatlanta

Love me some Tex-Mex.

10. edinatlanta

Rock Bottom is one of my favorite songs. I especially love the Twangbangers version, but one can never go wrong with Robbie Fulks.

11. edinatlanta

Story of my life right here.....

12. edinatlanta

I am much too inebriated to review this thread and not post songs already posted.

So i apologize if you've already heard of Big in Vegas by Buck.

Fucking ay man. Buck was the shit. RIP man.

13. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Love country music.

Ed I saw David Allen Coe a little over 10 years ago at a small roadhouse in PA. A couple women near the front started dancing during his set and, and Coe cuts off the band mid-song and starts shouting at them "I am not a fucking dance man. If I see anymore dancin I will walk off this fucking stage."

The man is pretty frightening.

14. edinatlanta

Love country music.

Ed I saw David Allen Coe a little over 10 years ago at a small roadhouse in PA. A couple women near the front started dancing during his set and, and Coe cuts off the band mid-song and starts shouting at them "I am not a fucking dance man. If I see anymore dancin I will walk off this fucking stage."

The man is pretty frightening.

You never even called me by my name (in your post).

Darling. Darling.

BTW: DAC is the shit. No debate.

15. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH