• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Country Music Appreciation Thread

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That entire Jenny Lewis solo album (Acid Tongue) is great.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
The last one sounds like a song Steve Earle could have written.

inlove.gif

And speaking of Steve Earl proteges, this is a vid my wife took when Scott Miller was in town earlier this year, playing a request for me:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve's son (Justin Townes) has finally put out a solid album on Bloodshot. I didn't care for him in the past, but he's become a better songwriter with age.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Steve's son (Justin Townes) has finally put out a solid album on Bloodshot. I didn't care for him in the past, but he's become a better songwriter with age.

Thanks. I'll give it a listen.

I liked Lonely Pine Hill, Mama's Eyes and Midnight at the Movies, though they could have been his dad's songs, but everything else has been kinda mediocre.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any love for the avett brothers? friend turned me on to them ... know i'm late to the party, but their first album is great. reminds me vaguely of the band circa big pink.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
any love for the avett brothers? friend turned me on to them ... know i'm late to the party, but their first album is great. reminds me vaguely of the band circa big pink.
Recommend a track or post a Youtube clip! I'd never heard of them until a few minutes ago and listening to Murdered in the City now. Nice! I know some people give her all the country cred of a female Kid Rock, but I like Sheryl Crow's new Carter Family cover (you know, that Son Volt song about the magazine
wink.gif
)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Son Volt, good stuff.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Sheryl Crow's new Carter Family cover (you know, that Son Volt song about the magazine

No Depression was an Uncle Tuepelo (Jay Farrar from Son Volt, Jeff Tweedy from Wilco) song not Son Volt. That being said, I haven't heard Son Volt in years but their first album was brilliant.

aizan

Reaction score
my two favorite versions of "tennessee waltz":

pee wee king

patsy cline

here's chiemi eri for good measure:

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Been playing alot of Faron Young and Jerry Lee in the vehicle as of late:

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got out some old Townes stuff and an album I really like by this unknown girl Tiny Vipers.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been listening to the Meat Purveyors lately - I wish there was a decent youtube vid for them!

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Tiny Vipers (she sounds like Nico), but I wouldn't claim anyone signed to Sub Pop is "unknown."

sonna

Reaction score
Hi
This will be my first semester of college and I want to take Music Appreciation and Lifetime Fitness and Wellness. They are only offered online. Do these courses require a large amount of work?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads