• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Counterfeit APCs?

jemmet

Reaction score
Just picked up a new pair of APCs on ebay, but I didn't realize when I bought them that the tag looks different from every other pair of APCs I've ever seen. Do you think this is a sign of counterfeiting, or APC just decided to change their labels. The first is the label I'm used to seeing, and the second is the one that looks funny.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no money in counterfeiting niche brands, IMO. The only somewhat niche denim brand I've seen counterfeited in China is N&F, and they're already so cheap that what I say might not have even been counterfeit.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's the name of the new street they on in Paris. They used to be on 'rue de madame'

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
There's no money in counterfeiting niche brands, IMO. The only somewhat niche denim brand I've seen counterfeited in China is N&F, and they're already so cheap that what I say might not have even been counterfeit.
Nudie, CdG, Margiela, etc. have all been counterfeited before. Of course there's money in faking niche brands.

Remrem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

Where are you seeing these counterfeits in China? In recent years, I've noticed that brand names are moving into their malls, and at prices that match the ones at home. As a result, didn't buy much while visiting China this year.

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nudie, CdG, Margiela, etc. have all been counterfeited before. Of course there's money in faking niche brands.

those are niche brands?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_pole
those are niche brands?
Definitely. Nudie is probably the most mainstream out of them, especially if you're in Europe, but those are hardly mainstream brands. You spend too much time on here and you start think that everyone knows and recognizes those names. A brand doesn't have to located in a basement closet in an office building in Shinjuku for it to be "niche."

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by habitant
I think that's the name of the new street they on in Paris. They used to be on 'rue de madame'

Actually, it's the opposite. Their new main store in Paris is on rue de Madame. I think that they used to have one on rue de Fleurus. I'm not sure why the newer tags say rue de Fleurus. Maybe they still have offices there or something.

erockisalive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Who really cares, both the counterfeits and real APC jeans are both made in China, probably in the same factory.

BOOM!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads