1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

What more motivation could there be? At that point Walt knew Hank was trying to get Skyler to flip and he thought she had. That's why he went and hid the money. So if that's not enough to get Hank killed I'm not sure what is.

2. gort

gort Senior member

Walt also lies through his teeth to everybody else on this show about things of that nature, like to Jesse about killing Mike.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up killing Hank.

3. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Something personal; something that insults his pride. The only time we've seen him actually pull the trigger other than in self-defense was after Mike insulted him.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

hank realizes that his life is over after he turns in walt - he knows that walt paid for his rehab with dirty money, but he doesn't care at this point.

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Mike was never family though (not even in the same way he cares for Jessie), he also knows that if he kills Hanks he pretty much loses everything. He may not go to jail, but Skyler (and the kids) will be gone.

6. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Does he know that? Skyler told Marie not to tell him, he may just think his insurance was covering it.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Plus I feel like Walt has had a bit of a grudge with Hank the whole series. The show starts with Walt being upstaged by Hank constantly, even at his own birthday party Hank was the center of attention.

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Killing Hank is a bad idea anyway. The murder of a DEA agent isn't going to go away like the murder of a "scumbag" like Mike or Crazy 8. Goodman is an idiot for suggesting it.

Why isn't disappearing on the table? I realize that's a season 4 MacGuffin, but it seems more relevant than ever.

9. gort

gort Senior member

Well as now nobody besides Hank and Marie know about his theory, so if he offs them, he's in the clear again. Nobody would ever get a scent of Walt being Heisenberg.

10. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

It was Walt who's indirectly responsible for the assassination attempt anyway.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  11. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

don't know about that. she's powerful and conniving yeah, but she's also a nervous wreck and tends to not really think things through. those heels are hot tho

12. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Yeah, they made a huge deal out of the shoes visually I'm assuming to let us know how far she's come since the mismatched shoe incident. Hard to miss Louboutins with the red sole.

I've been rewatching the 1st half of the season and they set up Hank's dilemma well in the scene with the old ASAC when they're drinking rye and talking about Fring. Something like "he was someone different the whole time, right under my nose".

New theory on the ending is that the M60 and ricin are for Walt to clean up his mess. Kill Todd & crew, kill Lydia, destroy the meth lab. It's a way for this show to end without the audience completely disliking Walt. They already gave us a glimpse that Walter White, chemistry teacher and father, still exists. I think they will want to end the show that way, not with Heisenberg fully consuming Walt.

13. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

that's actually a pretty strong climax. he's wiping out the bad guys, sort of cleaning up the mess he made or whatever, and it sort of adds a little martyr to walt's character. not that he's a saint.

14. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

As that conversation went on Skyler realized that Hank had nothing conclusive and that he was desperate. She was smarter than I expected. I guess all the criminal activity has hardened her up.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

She wants to keep the dough! Especially now that she knows Walt's on the clock with the cancer. I said this to my wife and she thought I was being cynical and that she mostly wanted to keep Walt out of prison, but I think it's obvious that she's grown attached to that big pile of money. She was talking about plans for a trip to Europe over dinner when Hank found Leaves of Grass.

16. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Not only that, but she doesn't know who Walt is/was involved with. She has every reason to believe that turning on Walt means turning on a whole host of dangerous people, which means witness protection or worse. And Hank can promise her whatever he wants, but he's not the DA, and without any assurances from them she could easily be in prison too. I actually cheered a little when she said she should talk to a lawyer. Hell yeah she should. Don't trust anyone who tries to talk you out of that.

17. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

18. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Hmm, for an AMC show the nazis might be the most acceptable kind of group to be mowed down by a machine gun.

19. gort

gort Senior member

The walt with the M-60 is going to have to incorporate a flash forward which kind of sucks.

I mean, I guess we already knew that since last season's diner scene was his birthday, but the whole show up to this point has taken place over a year.

[​IMG]

20. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Yeah she in effect is the new Heisenberg (fring) after massacring the crew. And Walt was what in the beginning? Nervous wreck and had no idea what he was getting himself into.