• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Most awkward dinner EVER

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
**** was funny. Love the acting in this show.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Loved the episode, dinner was great.

Enjoyed seeing Saul again.

.... although Mike comes off as too thorough to just leave him tied up like that. Especially after he just stayed the entire night with him.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^although mike always seems to underestimate Walt - burning a band like that would hurt like a mother ******, it would be pretty impressive to do that.

great episode. yes, now all sympathy for walt is lost, but you now see really what he wants - he wants so hard to establish himself as the alpha he believes he deserves to be.

I haven't felt so much anticipation for a tv show ever, I think. this will be a tough week waiting.

velobran

Reaction score

I said some time ago Hank finds them and remembers Walt sending him out for a drink and coming back in to find Walt holding the picture.

Walt didn't send him out for a drink though. Walt starting crying and Hank felt awkward and offered to get some coffee and was adamant about leaving Walt alone to cry. But - he did enter the room w/ Walt huddled over the sisterly photo.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why lose sympathy for walt in this episode?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why lose sympathy for walt in this episode?

Because he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself anymore. Hell, he probably doesn't even care about himself now. All ***** given are directed towards the "empire". Original Walt doesn't exist anymore.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself anymore. Hell, he probably doesn't even care about himself now. All ***** given are directed towards the "empire". Original Walt doesn't exist anymore.

I dont blame him, hes bitter and hes been treated like **** all his life, why not want to go down in flames he has no family anymore

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked getting a little more back story into the Grey Matter business.

That dinner was fantastically cringe inducing and hilarious at the same time. You could feel Jesse's unease unfold further and further.

Walt arcing the electircal cord to burn off the band was genius. The pain he must have endured had to have been quite a lot, his determination is quite admirable if borderline psychotic. He even said himself how he has zero ***** to give about anything anymore.

I'm really looking forward as to how he plans on getting Jesse and Mike their money while he gets to keep his methylamine. Best show currently on TV.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I dont blame him, hes bitter and hes been treated like **** all his life, why not want to go down in flames he has no family anymore

It's his fault he doesn't have a family anymore. Walt doesn't seem to get that. By the way, I find it interesting how badly I wanted Jesse and Mike to extricate themselves from the business. No idea how it would've worked out story wise but I really wanted to see Walt burn all by himself. Unfortunately I don't think he'll go down alone.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think we're at the top of some sort of character arc for Walt right now. I don't think this destroyed all sympathy for Walt. I think the writing laid out quite clearly why Walt is the way he is and it can be seen much of this really is not of his own doing. In fact, Skylar can clearly be seen as the impetus behind much of Walt's woes. I think the #1 thing that really destroyed all of Walt was, and he is currently gone as next episode Heisenberg comes back, was Skylar's comment on how she's just counting the days until the cancer comes back. Add it all up and the "empire business" line makes sense.

Prediction:

Heisenberg comes front and center next episode and into the last for 2012. However, something at the end of the last episode for 2012 sets the stage for Walt's redemption. I think there is a great chance that the final episodes in 2013 is the destruction of Heisenberg and the return of Walt.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't see a redemption coming Walt's way. If anything, his character will just get darker over this season.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I don't see a redemption coming Walt's way. If anything, his character will just get darker over this season.

IDK, writers are very fond of the "come full circle" concept.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

But haven't they repeatedly said that the whole concept of the show was to take a "good man" (teacher) and turn him into Scarface? A redemption for Walt would feel like a cop-out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

But haven't they repeatedly said that the whole concept of the show was to take a "good man" (teacher) and turn him into Scarface? A redemption for Walt would feel like a cop-out.

Good point. Time will tell :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads