Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I thought that was lame.

Seriously?

2. David Watts

David Watts Senior member

[​IMG]

"Maybe you have a Guardian Angel."

[​IMG]

3. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Seriously?
    a groan that I never thought I would let out during BB followed the 'it's too easy, lemme go get my axe, hey look there's a bullet just out of reach, if only i streeeetch' line. Seriously? I'm supposed to buy that? Every second cheesy action movie since John Wayne has done that ending. It was like watching Get Smart....hey, I won't kill Maxwell with a single shot to the head, I will submerge him and 99 in a phone booth that slowly fills up with water, hey, what's that? 99 has a diamond ring, diamond can cut glass right...the only difference was at least we weren't meant to take Get Smart seriously. Spaghetti westerns, low budget kung fu flicks, bad Bond movies (hey, let's stretch him on a rack instead of finishing him off) etc etc. For real. That was cheesy as hell, completely unrealistic, and thoroughly cringeworthy.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

a groan that I never thought I would let out during BB followed the 'it's too easy, lemme go get my axe, hey look there's a bullet just out of reach, if only i streeeetch' line. Seriously? I'm supposed to buy that? Every second cheesy action movie since John Wayne has done that ending.

It was like watching Get Smart....hey, I won't kill Maxwell with a single shot to the head, I will submerge him and 99 in a phone booth that slowly fills up with water, hey, what's that? 99 has a diamond ring, diamond can cut glass right...the only difference was at least we weren't meant to take Get Smart seriously. Spaghetti westerns, low budget kung fu flicks, bad Bond movies (hey, let's stretch him on a rack instead of finishing him off) etc etc.

For real. That was cheesy as hell, completely unrealistic, and thoroughly cringeworthy.

yeah, you have a point - but remember that these guys have been killing with an ax all along. I actually thought that they were going to try to kill him with an ax to begin with, and that was going to get them killed.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

a groan that I never thought I would let out during BB followed the 'it's too easy, lemme go get my axe, hey look there's a bullet just out of reach, if only i streeeetch' line. Seriously? I'm supposed to buy that? Every second cheesy action movie since John Wayne has done that ending.

It was like watching Get Smart....hey, I won't kill Maxwell with a single shot to the head, I will submerge him and 99 in a phone booth that slowly fills up with water, hey, what's that? 99 has a diamond ring, diamond can cut glass right...the only difference was at least we weren't meant to take Get Smart seriously. Spaghetti westerns, low budget kung fu flicks, bad Bond movies (hey, let's stretch him on a rack instead of finishing him off) etc etc.

For real. That was cheesy as hell, completely unrealistic, and thoroughly cringeworthy.

I can forgive the occasional slip into corniness as long as the rest of the show/movie is really good, so this didn't bother me.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

yeah, you have a point - but remember that these guys have been killing with an ax all along. I actually thought that they were going to try to kill him with an ax to begin with, and that was going to get them killed.

I can forgive the occasional slip into corniness as long as the rest of the show/movie is really good, so this didn't bother me.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But, you know, the showdown was bound to happen, and everything leading up to the stray Black Talon headshot was believable and intense. It could have been written to where Hank could have just shot the guy in the head right off the bat (or maybe with the second or third shot), but crazy, random shit happens that changes the course of events.

BUT, if such reaching by the writers of the show continues, then I would find it all too much like a soap opera.

That being said, my hands were shaking after the end of this episode.

7. limester816

limester816 Senior member

now THAT was one hell of a ending. and now i know what a hollowpoint does to someone's brain

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

now THAT was one hell of a ending. and now i know what a hollowpoint does to someone's brain

I can't remember what the arms dealer said about the round given to the Mexican dude, but it was essentially a Black Talon, which looks like this after it hits the body . . .

[​IMG]

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Am I the only one who thought Hank actually killed Jesse at first? Dude was laying pretty still.

10. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

I was half expecting that his struggle to put the bullet in the gun was make his death more tragic. I was yelling "HURRY THE FUCK UP" like a madman when the other twin was getting the axe.

11. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

It doesn't really hold up when you think about it, but it totally had me when I was watching it. And c'mon, that's Chekov's bullet. Gotta respect Chekov's bullet.

12. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

I was half expecting that his struggle to put the bullet in the gun was make his death more tragic. I was yelling "HURRY THE FUCK UP" like a madman when the other twin was getting the axe.

+1. Breaking Bad almost seems like a show that would kill off a main character without pretense like that, so even though in retrospect it was cheesy as hell, in the moment I wasn't sure if they would or wouldn't do.

13. Matt

Matt [email protected]

+1. Breaking Bad almost seems like a show that would kill off a main character without pretense like that, so even though in retrospect it was cheesy as hell, in the moment I wasn't sure if they would or wouldn't do.

you know, I was kinda hoping they'd kill him. I don't know, it would just be so unexpected, open up so many ways for the show to unfold....it was totally the kind of thing that I would expect from this show....kill off one of its most popular characters just to see what happens.

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Am I the only one who first thought that Skylar's visit to Walt's apartment was a booty call? Don't know why I thought that, but I suspect that as time goes by Skylar will be finding the new (not meek) and independent Walt more attractive.

As for Jesse, he's going to come to realize that, self-confessionals notwithstanding, that he's not really "the bad guy".

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Skylar is obsessing about the money.