1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

yeah, there's no way hank is getting written off, atleast not this season. I'll be glad to see those two jackass cousins get what's coming to them

2. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Brilliant episode.

3. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

So, Gus was planning for him to learn, then recreate Heisenberg's formula? And the eagerness of the cousins to terminate WW threw a monkey wrench into the.
    that's what thought too but then Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead. Now they're satisfied with that meaning Gus values Walt. Still though the kinds if questions the assisstant was askng Walt seemed like he was eager to learn his formula so I imagine that's the way it's gonna go anyways.

4. Matt

Matt Senior member

the pacing of this show is fascinating....the last few episodes have been very character focused, not a lot going on on the surface, just things unfolding, motivations surfacing and so on, then this week's episode...BAM....wall to wall action. Hacked up cops, new apartments, new 'job', new characters, death warrants, hacked up vehicles, faked-out-hospital dashes, a jam-packed plot advancement episode.

Very interesting.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

that's what thought too but then Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead. Now they're satisfied with that meaning Gus values Walt. Still though the kinds if questions the assisstant was askng Walt seemed like he was eager to learn his formula so I imagine that's the way it's gonna go anyways.

Gus only wants Walt for three months. Does that mean Gus doesn't want to sell this extremely valuable product after that? Of course not. Gus DOES want his man to learn Walt's formula, and then I'm sure Gus wants Walt out of the picture. Why? To sever himself from Walt and Jesse's mistakes of the past. The longer Walt is around, the more likely the DEA could resume their investigation and track him down. Gus wants no part of that.

the pacing of this show is fascinating....the last few episodes have been very character focused, not a lot going on on the surface, just things unfolding, motivations surfacing and so on, then this week's episode...BAM....wall to wall action. Hacked up cops, new apartments, new 'job', new characters, death warrants, hacked up vehicles, faked-out-hospital dashes, a jam-packed plot advancement episode.

Very interesting.

Yup, that's what I predicted a couple of weeks ago. I think that's one of the most brilliant things about this show.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Am I naive in thinking Gus is a man of honor when it comes to Walt and ultimately will not let any harm come to him? I also think that the tenacity and cunning of Hank will lead to him making Tuco's cousins become a one-season wonder.

7. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Am I naive in thinking Gus is a man of honor when it comes to Walt and ultimately will not let any harm come to him? I also think that the tenacity and cunning of Hank will lead to him making Tuco's cousins become a one-season wonder.

I think that's precisely why they cast the actor they did: he is slight of build and has a very trustworty, nonthreatening, and sympathetic face. He's meant to throw us off. But I think he really will either kill Walt or allow harm to come to him once his objectives have been reached. And I'm sure they won't get rid of Hank. Maybe Hank taking down the cousins will set up something between their cartel and the DEA, thus throwing yet more conflict into the mix surrounding Walt.

8. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Gus had no reason to let the cousins get Hank instead.

The way they portrayed it was that Gus gives them Hank not only to appease them but also to get his incessant probing out of Walt's way (something, of course, Walt would never agree with). This assuming that Gus was in fact the source behind Walt's call, not just Saul.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell the cousin's, if they didn't already know it, that Tuco was a fucking nutjob whose death could only benefit everyone. I certainly don't expect Gus to care, given his policy of not working with users.

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I'm still waiting for someone to tell the cousin's, if they didn't already know it, that Tuco was a fucking nutjob whose death could only benefit everyone.

I'm sure they do. He was their cousin after all.

10. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

I think that's precisely why they cast the actor they did: he is slight of build and has a very trustworty, nonthreatening, and sympathetic face. He's meant to throw us off. But I think he really will either kill Walt or allow harm to come to him once his objectives have been reached. And I'm sure they won't get rid of Hank. Maybe Hank taking down the cousins will set up something between their cartel and the DEA, thus throwing yet more conflict into the mix surrounding Walt.

That would be the end of the series then right?

11. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I meant try to kill Walt or allow harm to come to him.

12. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I'm still waiting for someone to tell the cousin's, if they didn't already know it, that Tuco was a fucking nutjob whose death could only benefit everyone.

Oh, you mean the guys who don't seem to mind hacking people to death? [​IMG]

13. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Oh, you mean the guys who don't seem to mind hacking people to death? [​IMG]

[​IMG] Yeah, i guess when it comes down to it they are like three peas in a pod.

But the cousins are so methodical, serious, business-like... whereas the last time I saw Tuco he was the complete opposite. I can't see the three in the same room together. After an hour with Tuco, the cousins probably would have killed him anyways (just for being so annoying).

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG] Yeah, i guess when it comes down to it they are like three peas in a pod.

But the cousins are so methodical, serious, business-like... whereas the last time I saw Tuco he was the complete opposite. I can't see the three in the same room together. After an hour with Tuco, the cousins probably would have killed him anyways (just for being so annoying).

Yeah, I could envision the scene: Tuco is snorting meth off of the tip of his Bowie knife. The cousins see this and then give each other a silent, understanding look. The next scene shows a some pigs on a rural farm shitting out Tuco's gold teeth.

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

But the cousins are so methodical, serious, business-like... whereas the last time I saw Tuco he was the complete opposite.

Yes, that's true.

16. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

That episode was fantastic. Just the way they scripted the intro, I now know why the cousins are they way they are, and why avenging Tuco is a big deal to them.

17. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

fantastic episode. brilliant!

18. ms244

ms244 Senior member

Anyone catch Walt saying "in chemistry degrees are important!" or some such to the poor doctorate dropout. That was cold.

19. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

20. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

Wow.

+1. such a sick episode