Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The car wash.

With Gus gone Walt's the only game in town. He'll be able to charge high prices due to the rarity of the meth.

Lol, I just remembered back when they were looking for a business to launder the money and Saul suggest "Lazertag!" That man's a comic genius.

2. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

When Walt and Jesse started they were noobs. Since then they've got on the job training. Los Pollow Hermanos were just a front for Gus's image as a buisnessman. Now they have connections i.e. Mike. Mike knows and deals with all the distributors; remember when he and Jesse travelled all over to make pick ups? Meth distribution networks abhor a vacum. Walt and Jesse are the only ones now who know how to make Blue. They will fill the Blue vacum.

3. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Exactly. I don't expect them to just pick up where things left off, but they have somewhere to start, plus more experience, plus Mike.

But nobody's weighed in on my latest question: What do you guys think about the others in Gus's organization? Mike will be smart enough to accept either a job or a payoff from Walt and Jesse, but somebody else might not, and they might want revenge. What do you think?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Who Teach? Who the fuck else is there that we've even seen other than Mike? Scary black dude got killed by Tio.

5. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

+1 Gus took care of his "associates" in Mexico. The rest in Albuqerque are just low level flunkies. I don't think there is anyone else who will want revenge.

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Again, Gus had most of the southwest locked up from a distribution standpoint because he was able to move the meth easily via the Los Pollos Hermanos trucks carrying supplies to all of the stores. With Gus gone, there goes the network.

Also, Walt can probably manage some small cooks out of the car wash but he doesn't have the huge lab and facilities that he did under Gus' patronage.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

^

also, walt is basically broke. so the question is if he partners with somebody.

mike probably has a pretty good idea where Gus's liquid assets are. it makes as much sense for him to just grab as much money as he can get and retire, as anyting else.

it is going to be a very interesting season

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

BTW, I didn't notice, but did anybody make the connection that Don Eladio was Scarface's #2?

I wonder if the cartel owned the German conglomerate that owned both Los Pollos Hermanos (LPH) as well as the company that manufactured the large venting unit for the meth lab? If so, I wonder if LPH was used to launder money for the cartel and what will happen if "profits" at LPH and the German conglomerate drop off as a result?

This is why I think there is a non-zero chance that Jesse and Walt utilize the lab in Mexico and basically take over Gus's entire operation.

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

We don't know that. This show is full of surprises, and there could be someone out there. I'm not saying it's someone who was "high" in the organization...a pissed off, murderous flunkie can be pretty dangerous.

10. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

The specials board at Vinnie's Pizzeria in Brooklyn, as shown on Special Bored:

[​IMG]

"meth - ham -feta - bean"

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Oh wow, I approve.

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

That is full of win.

13. gort

gort Senior member

Soy bacon? Soy ground beef? wtf.

14. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

You want to see real win? You can be Gus Fring for Halloween!

[​IMG]

15. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

True but there is still a vacuum and the distributors are still there and Blue is the product to sell. As far as production there is more than one way to skin a cat, assuming Walt and Jesse decide to get back in the game.

Walt being broke is all the more reason for him to start up again. And who better to partner with than Jesse (who owes Walt his life) who has the means to finance a new operation.

I thought this was a given. They would be insane to operate out of Mexico.

Very true but it's still fun trying to guess. After watching the last episode again I still come back to the gun Walt dropped on the lab floor. I think this will be a key part of the next season and the possible downfall of Walt. They made a point to zoom in on the pistol on two seperate occasions.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011