Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

i knew that jesses house was bugged! that poison scheme mustve come from gus and mike, listening to walt plotting to kill him

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I went into Los Pollos Hermanos the other day and I only got the regular size fries with my combo meal instead of the large size, even though I "Grande-Sized" my meal. I'm thinking about making it personal with Gus.

Thoughts?

As soon as he wouldn't let Jesse have a drink I knew he was going to kill every Mexican on that patio.

Gus vs. Keyser Soze who would win, discuss!

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Great structure for the episode, execution was a bit weak.

In particular the scene with Jesse and the chemist didnt work.

Second, Gus drank that shit before the others, how is it possible that he vomited it up and everyone else is dead? Is this some poison that only works after 4:12 and if you puke before 4:08 you dont die?

Also, the scene with Beneke and the lawyer was ridiculous. Somehow, days after he gets an irs bill, he gets almost the exact same amount of money in an inheritance? Wasnt well though thru.

5. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

I think that pill he took before he drank was some sort of antidote to the poison.

Also, I thought the scene with Walt and Jr. was really powerful. I don't think Walt has actually been reduced to tears over the mistakes he has made and the lies he has had to tell.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Good point, you're right.

7. gort

gort Senior member

^^

Obviously the meds Gus took earlier in the episode slowed the effects or mitigated them in some manner. He was still affected by the poison even after vomiting most of it up.

I also liked how calmly gus went with his poke & choke. He even took the time to fold his jacket and put a towel down to kneel on.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

gus is a god.

here's my thought - the whole thing, from the begining, was a plot to get onto that patio and drink with the cartel guys. he couldn't just call up and ask to buy everyone a drink, he got into the war knowing that we would lose and would have to fly down to show respect, and that would give an excuse to drink with all the captains and the chief at once. he planned the whole thing out.

remember the way he was waiting by the phone after the shooting at the farm, he didn't look like a man who had lost and was giving up, he looked like a man that was in the middle of executing a plan, and thought that it was working.

as to the poison - remember that he has been in the chemistry business for 20 years, me might not be a chemist, but he knows about chemicals. he could have had a poison made for him years ago, and been ready with an antidote. he was obviously very sick after the poison, and he took something beforehand to counteract the poison, but it was obviously powerful.

9. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

you don't think they got the idea of the poison form the cigarette jesse had from walt?

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

^no. honestly, I am leaning toward thinking that the whole involvement of gus with walt has been about getting into position to poison the cartel captains, although I know that it a little farfetched. but Gus has been around chemists all his life, he has a chemistry scholorship program, I don't think he needed walt to think of poison.

although, the one thing that makes me feel that I might be wrong is that it looks like next week they might need walk to help get them out of mexico, and if it was planned well they would have had a path out. but we'll see.

11. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

"Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me.....and die."

An episode recap and video of the final scene is here.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I agree. Gus didnt have the muscle to work that with guns, so he thought of another way.

I think Gus has enough power to get him out of Mex. Walt and his Pontiac help? Eh

Interesting for me is that Jesse has now proven he knows the formula. Walt is weakened.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

This. A thousand times this.

14. gort

gort Senior member

Jessie showed he is still incompetent in the chemistry department (his whole, I only know the .....from the barrel labeled "B").

He did, however, assert himself impressively when bitching out the cartel's chemists.

15. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Wasn't the guy that shot Mike at the very end also the guy who Mike garroted next to the pool? C'mon Mike, you should have put a bullet in that guy to make sure. But I did like how he pulled off Don Eladio's chain, I imagine as a trophy.