1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I liked it a lot. It's doing what this show always does: reinvent things. There are new family tensions, the two hit men, the new job with the El Pollo guy, Jesse's sobriety (if it sticks), the John De Lancie's character, and they could very well all add up to one huge mess that Walt's gotten himself into.

2. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I have heard good things about this. What's it about? Worth downloading?

3. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

A high school chemistry teacher (Walt), who is both brilliant and underpaid, finds out he has terminal lung cancer. He has a pregnant wife and a disabled son and not nearly enough insurance to pay for everything. To make money to pay off the medical bills, house, and his family's future, he turns to making crystal meth temporarily. However, he invents an extremely good type of meth which becomes insanely popular. Big-time dealers get involved, and there's this revolving cast of nasty, dangerous characters. Walt gets deeper and deeper, changing along the way in ways he dislikes immensely.

The third season just started. The first season was only something like six episodes; the second was thirteen. Yes, they are definitely worth watching, but start at the beginning.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

it probably is the best drama on TV. very tense, very well done. characters really evolve too.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

it probably is the best drama on TV. very tense, very well done. characters really evolve too.

this.

You hear "searing" thrown around a lot in cultural criticism but I feel it;s a really appropriate descriptor for this show.

6. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Walt's definitely one of the most developed characters I've ever seen on T.V. or cinema. I think every male can see part of themselves in him - the pride, the resentment, and the fear within an emasculated man who then realizes he has nothing to lose.

8. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Walt's definitely one of the most developed characters I've ever seen on T.V. or cinema. I think every male can see part of themselves in him - the pride, the resentment, and the fear within an emasculated man who then realizes he has nothing to lose.

He also realizes, resents, and regrets his mistakes, but that doesn't always stop him from repeating them or building on them (though sometimes it does). He's great fun to watch.

9. that_was_easy

that_was_easy Senior member

Love the show and really enjoy the visual aspect of it, especially scenes like opening of the recent episode. Ice in the desert and all that. Simply brilliant.

10. ninetofivereject

ninetofivereject Senior member

Love the show and really enjoy the visual aspect of it, especially scenes like opening of the recent episode. Ice in the desert and all that. Simply brilliant.

really is a great show,very original too.is it me or is the best writing on TV now,remember when fims were the thing to do,it seems that television is where the writing is now for the most part.
    when i tell people to watch the show and mention thats the dad from Malocom in the Middle they dont believe me.

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

cool, I love this show - this was great episode.

12. that_was_easy

This weekend! I look forward to this show every single week. Everybody I know who's not taken to it has complained of the pacing of the show and I think it IS a challenging show to watch, not to mention contemplate. Every arc in the narrative has this etremely slow build and then fucking plummets to a point that, for me, actually creates discomfort. Was aybody else almost appaled by what happened when vengence was visited upon the tweakers, even though it was accidental. It was just, really, what are you gonna do to tweakers to make their lives more miserably filthy?

OH THAT

13. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Excellent episode last night. And that ending...all I can say is, what the hell is that chicken man up to??

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

he's tied in with los zetas (the mexican gang that sent the two killers to get revenge) and called them off. he'll probably use this fact to force walt to start cooking again

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

16. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

This show is probably the best thing going on TV right now. Interested to see how Jesse's turn as a badass goes...

17. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

he's tied in with los zetas (the mexican gang that sent the two killers to get revenge) and called them off. he'll probably use this fact to force walt to start cooking again

Actually, I was talking about the fact that he seemed to be standing in a factory at the end, which I didn't get. It didn't look like a food processing facility.

18. that_was_easy

I didn't completely get that either. But that just means I'm gonna need to find time to watch previous seasons and catch m'self up. Great episode. But, really, pizza on the roof?

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

Actually, I was talking about the fact that he seemed to be standing in a factory at the end, which I didn't get. It didn't look like a food processing facility.

prob just another legitimate business he uses as a cover

20. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Skylar is a fucking bitch. I thought she was gonna throw the salad in his face, but that was way worse. Poor Ted is probably gonna get killed though cause he banged Mrs. White. But how could she not forgive him after he told her how it was all for her and the kid?