1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i thought that scene was really good, especially when Walt said what am i apologizing for, i did provide for my family,
    that comment really shows how much he has changed, and the good/bad line is not there anymore, its just survival at this point

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

As obnoxious as he is, Jesse is a smart boy. I was actually expecting him to punch Mike -- as somewhat of a contrast to Walt's encounter with Mike at the bar.

3. Greg Bianchi

Greg Bianchi New Member

I just thought I'd let you guys know that the language the subtitles are in is Thai.

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Anyone notice they flashed part of a Ron Paul sticker in the lab notes? Gale alluded to being a libertarian in the first episode he was in.

There was also an old family photo in the background of their old home that showed Walt with his hair. All the details are very thorough.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Great episode. There was a lot of comedy in it - Mike's ear, the video, the script scene (which I loved)...I laughed a lot more at this episode than I had at any others for a while. Of course, the ending wasn't so funny. My older daughter and I are eagerly anticipating next week's episode!

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Interesting episode. A lot of good, seething rage from Walter. The end bit where he had too much to drink was priceless. The look Skylar was giving him...

7. gort

gort Senior member

Gus is so calculated in every move he makes. The previews for next week indicate he'll be driving a wedge between jessie and walter to turn them against each other. Great episode.

Also, Breaking Bad has been renewed for one more season of 16 episodes to conclude the show:

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/08/amc-renews-brea.php

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

That's good to hear. A while ago AMC was considering cutting down the next season of Breaking Bad to just 8 episodes because they were spending so much money on Mad Men.

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Great episode, and not what I expected. Yes, I agree that Gus is working to disengage Jesse from Walt.

Awwww....damn. I was really hoping they'd squeeze at least a couple more seasons out of this, but I suppose they want to go out on top.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Wife made a clever observation:

Start of Sun nights episode was exactly the same as the very first episode in season 1: Opens w/ Walt driving crazy, no RV this time.

Great episode. Loved the hi speed montage of Jesse waiting. Walt fucked up something big when he was drunk.

11. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

For all of you eggheads there is an awful lot of symbology in this program from the deal with the devil like faust and the name gretchen who faust tries to save if you understand this breaking bad will make A LOT MORE SENSE

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Interesting episode last night. Walt's paranoia at uncovering the truth, yet being too self absorbed to get Jesse to see it. Jesse being the meth whisperer. Skyler nailing Walt on his bullshit.

The dollar scene at the car was was the best. That must have been a tasty ass coke!

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you are reading way to deep into this, but nice try

14. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Senior member

Come on walts line to skyler: No! I am the one who knocks! Is way better.

The showel cam and how jesse handled the tweeker buisness was also som great scenes

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I laughed really hard at that. It's also clear that Gus's plan to drive a wedge between Walt and Jesse is working extremely well...Jesse's ego and eagerness to be accepted won't allow him to even consider Walt's proposed scenario. It's going to take something catastrophic to turn Jesse around.

16. Augustus Medici

Augustus Medici Senior member

Gus has flown under the radar for decades, and Hank puts it all together in a few days? Sherlock Holmes over here.

17. gort

gort Senior member

Gales murder was a slip up. Not too far fetched.

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, I thought it was a stretch to go after Gus's finger prints.

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Not too much happening in this ep. A good amount of setup though: the coming war, the coming investigation, the coming murder attempt.

Sol killed it again - "can I at least get an atta-boy?"

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

+1

As good as the acting and slow-burn story are, whenever he is on-screen, I light up.