• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of Mike sticking around he is def fun to watch in every scene he's in , much like Saul , but there was no way Walt was going to get away with killing all his guys in prison . Writers wrote themselves into a corner with that one

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Mike and teams and such, I would have loved to see a story line detailing Mikes character and how he came to work for Gus. All we really know is that he was a cop who killed a wife beater. How corrupt was he as a cop? What was he into before he hooked up with Fring? How did he and Fring meet?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Mike had to die. Mike was Gus's Jesse.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the idea of Mike sticking around he is def fun to watch in every scene he's in , much like Saul , but there was no way Walt was going to get away with killing all his guys in prison . Writers wrote themselves into a corner with that one

I don't get what you mean. If Walt hit Mikes guys while he was alive you're right, Walt wouldn't get away with it. But Walt did it after he killed Mike and it seems that Walt did get away with the hits, so how did the writers write themselves into a corner.:puzzled:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of old back stories I've never heard exactly who Gus was prior to the chicken business . I surmised he was connected to the Pinochet regime but that's just my own conjecture . Was this revealed in somewhere I missed . In the flashback that covered Gus going to the cartel the first time they tell him the only reason he is alive is because they " know who he is "

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

With due respect, your analogy is flawed. Gus died before Mike and Mike never presented a threat to Gus, nor was he unstable.

No, it's not a perfect analogy but I feel the parallelism is consistent. I'm not sure what the order of death has to do with your objection.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't get what you mean. If Walt hit Mikes guys while he was alive you're right, Walt wouldn't get away with it. But Walt did it after he killed Mike and it seems that Walt did get away with the hits, so how did the writers write themselves into a corner.:puzzled:

What I was referring to was the idea of leaving Mike alive . If the writers had done that there was no way Walt could have gotten away with offing his crew . Mike would have hunted him down and either killed Walt or was killed himself thus somebody had to go either Mike or Walt

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While we are on the subject of old back stories I've never heard exactly who Gus was prior to the chicken business . I surmised he was connected to the Pinochet regime but that's just my own conjecture . Was this revealed in somewhere I missed . In the flashback that covered Gus going to the cartel the first time they tell him the only reason he is alive is because they " know who he is "

Gus's history was never fully fleshed out.

No, it's not a perfect analogy but I feel the parallelism is consistent. I'm not sure what the order of death has to do with your objection.

Well your analogy compares Mike and Gus with Jesse and Walt. It seems according to the last episodes last scene that Walt is going to have Nazi Uncle off Jesse because Jesse threatened him, thus Jesse has to die. Mike can't be a threat to Gus, a dead man, so why would Mike have to die? Anyhoo, that's how I interpreted your analogy.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to think perhaps Gus was the bastard child of a powerful man named after his father Augusto Pinochet

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think mike had to die. even without the killing of his guys. its all part of walts story, and killing mike, was a big part of that. especially how it has now played into walt and jesses situation.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Gus's history was never fully fleshed out.
Well your analogy compares Mike and Gus with Jesse and Walt. It seems according to the last episodes last scene that Walt is going to have Nazi Uncle off Jesse because Jesse threatened him, thus Jesse has to die. Mike can't be a threat to Gus, a dead man, so why would Mike have to die? Anyhoo, that's how I interpreted your analogy.

Yes, that is what my analogy does; I thought that was pretty clear? :confused:

There can only be one king and prince.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did anyone ever like Jesse? I think he has always made me angry.

Jesse, Hank, Mike and Saul have been my favorite characters. I especially like how Hank and Jesse have developed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads