1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

[​IMG] Extra long finale next week, I think? Much badassery from Walt, Mike and Jesse. I dunno bout Gus though. Why is he even letting some low-level street dealers see his face?

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

I am 24 minutes into this episode....

WTF is this shit?

I liked it. I certainly wouldn't want this type of episode to become something regular, but I like the change-up in the middle of all the action.

ths was similar to the episode where they get stuck in the desert,just the two of them acting off each other
    .think about the acting skills it takes to do 50 minutes in just one space lab/winnebago (for most part) with just two actors,brilliant.

I'm playing catch up with my DVR so just saw this episode. It was a "bottle episode" or "bottle show."

Prod companies tend to spend a lot on season openers, sweeps week and season finales. That leaves a few shows in the middle where they need to save money. So they lock two or three characters in a room (on an existing set) and have them talk. Cheap as hell. The term comes from Star Trek, but many series used this to great effect. Think about MASH where the entire episode takes place in the OR.

While they lack action, they are usually great opportunities for writers and actors to explore character and theme.

lefty

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

there are three people in this thread above who yelled exactly the same thing I did

"HOLY SHIT"

that was fucking insane. Jesus, what a show.

I did the same.

4. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

such an awesome episode
    is the finale next week going to be longer than the usual?
    in for gus vs walt showdown

5. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

such an awesome episode is the finale next week going to be longer than the usual? in for gus vs walt showdown
    walt knows gus wont kill the goose that layed the golden egg thats why he executed those mofos,money is money...but he has to send a message to him...Jesse might have some shit coming at him.

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I just wanted to say again, FUCKING AWESOME episode. My girlfriend flipped out when Walt ran those guys over. I just said "wow" when he shot the guy in the head. What a way to end an episode. Incredible how I'm still thinking about it.

7. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

walt knows gus wont kill the goose that layed the golden egg thats why he executed those mofos,money is money...but he has to send a message to him...Jesse might have some shit coming at him.

I don't know- I think Gus could easily find someone else to cook. For example, that guy that was working with Walt probably knows the recipe exactly by now.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

there are three people in this thread above who yelled exactly the same thing I did

"HOLY SHIT"

that was fucking insane. Jesus, what a show.

add one to that. my dad is visiting, and was sitting in the other room with my wife and son. they were a little.... surprised.

9. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Jesse might have some shit coming at him.

Maybe Skinny Pete and Badger will end up being made examples of....

10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Was I the only one who thought Walt's last-second intervention was a little too deus ex machina?

11. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Was I the only one who thought Walt's last-second intervention was a little too deus ex machina?

I didn't think it was. Walt heard the report on the TV -- which was unsurprising, as Skylar said it had been on all day -- and immediately knew Jesse would be pushed over the edge. The best place to go looking for Jesse would be that corner, as those dealers were always there. If Jesse wasn't there (yet), Walt could either wait for him or go looking for him.

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Walt Jr. is braking bad.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Walt Jr. is braking bad.

[​IMG]

14. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

anybody else notice whenever something "bad" is going to happen/being discussed the color green pops up?
    (symbolic color of poison)
    for ex when Skylar started to get ideas about Walts money in the lawyers office etc she was wearing a green shirt,also Walt on numerous occasions only when some shit was going down.
    also when jesse was convicing wendy (love her theme song by the way) to poison the dealers her room was flush with green becaise of the green blinds
    theres also many many other examples not too mention the title screen itself is green.

green=poison=money....discuss
    or am i just smoking too much of walts meth over here?

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

16. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I have a hard time believing those low-level street thugs were Gus' "trusted" associates. Let alone the fact that he brought them to his HQ. Just something about the whole setup.

Jesse skimming for measly portions to sell in rehab made me go roll my eyes. He redeemed himself though when he stood up to Gus.

The slow, once a season, episodes with Walt and Jesse in a single room are painful to watch.

I'm so glad those twins are out of the picture. Every scene they were in was overly-dramatic and obnoxious, not to mention their suit fits left much to be desired.

17. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was impressed with Jesse standing up to Gus. He made Walt look like a pussy, sitting there uncomfortably across the table. I think that made for a nice set up to Walt finally standing up for something and stepping in at the end.

Still, I have a hard time accepting that both Walt and Jesse are so shocked by the street level casualties to their line of work. They're getting PAID. If I was Gus I'd execute both of them post haste.

18. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I think what bothered Jesse the most was that they turned a kid into a hitman.

19. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I think what bothered Jesse the most was that they turned a kid into a hitman.
    Bingo. There needs to be some level of standards even amongst street professionals. I mean they did execute the kid once they were done with him.

20. Matt

Matt Senior member

i honestly cannot ever think of any other show with such well drawn characters...