• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't know how you guys think this season is suddenly contrived. Walt blowing up Tuco's hideout with fake meth wasn't? .

Yup, and two commercial planes getting into a head-on collision wasn't? Gus walking out with his face blown off straightening his tie wasn't? Walt blowing up the guy's car in the gas station and no one seeing it (no cameras)? Plus, the characters of both Saul and Mike are caricatures. Like I said, if you watch this show expecting complete realism, you're not going to have a good experience, because it's not a realistic show.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any one mind telling me why Walt and Jesse keep their hair shaved??

Walt shaved it because of chemo. This was right when he was developing the Heisenberg persona. He liked how bad-ass it looked, so he kept shaving it. Not sure about Jesse... I assume it's just style/convenience like a lot of guys his age.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any one mind telling me why Walt and Jesse keep their hair shaved??

Um...aesthetic choice? Are we really nitpicking at **** like that now?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?

I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Just watched the episode last night. The pre-intro scene was intense! I also thought "damn, I KNEW it!" regarding Walt's idea how to solve the situation from last week.

I think Todd really wants to be a good student to Walt. I myself, though I'm not cooking Meth, would've said something similar. I wouldn't expect to get paid after one day of learning. Talking money later shows some genuine interest in building up a good work relationship.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?
I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

The point is he's trying to prove how dedicated he is to this operation. He's stressed this...a lot. Which makes me wonder....

Could he be a mole for some other organization, like a cartel or Meridian? I'm not convinced that's the case, but it's a possibility. On the other hand, it's equally likely he's the dedicated type who wants so badly to prove his worth (particularly in the face of questioning judgments from Walt and Jesse) that he's willing to forego current monetary considerations to build his "brand." He knows that if he's in, he's in...how much money is just a matter of degrees.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The point is he's trying to prove how dedicated he is to this operation. He's stressed this...a lot. Which makes me wonder....

Could he be a mole for some other organization, like a cartel or Meridian? I'm not convinced that's the case, but it's a possibility. On the other hand, it's equally likely he's the dedicated type who wants so badly to prove his worth (particularly in the face of questioning judgments from Walt and Jesse) that he's willing to forego current monetary considerations to build his "brand." He knows that if he's in, he's in...how much money is just a matter of degrees.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He seemed a little overwhelmed, I think he wants to make sure he can actually do the job sufficiently before making money demands.

velobran

Reaction score
Many friends have brought up the "mole for another organization". Cartel, DEA, etc. 1) I don't think he's in any type of gov't org because he shot a kid without thinking. 2) wasn't he already part of the Vamanos thieving bug zapper group when they joined forces? That would make him already part of the thieving organization unless he was undercover in that for some reason. But a meth kingpin happening to choose a pest control company that happened to have an undercover person would be far fetched.

But I agree that Todd is oddly dedicated, overly eager, and looks a little bit special (and is a poor man's matt damon)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many friends have brought up the "mole for another organization". Cartel, DEA, etc. 1) I don't think he's in any type of gov't org because he shot a kid without thinking. 2) wasn't he already part of the Vamanos thieving bug zapper group when they joined forces? That would make him already part of the thieving organization unless he was undercover in that for some reason. But a meth kingpin happening to choose a pest control company that happened to have an undercover person would be far fetched.
But I agree that Todd is oddly dedicated, overly eager, and looks a little bit special (and is a poor man's matt damon)

its not the first time there's been a super/over eger weirdo co-worker on breaking bad:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree - except for the Matt Damon part. Todd has essentially been given the opportunity to go from a part-time petty burglar to being part of a huge meth operation. He sees Jesse (and how young he is) and he wants in. If you were given that kind of opportunity, wouldn't you be super eager and anxious to prove yourself?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If he talks money now when he's just learning how to cook, he's in no position to degotiate. Also, it makes Walt think he's just an eager young guy that doesn't want to talk payment when he offers little intrinsic value to Walt.

When Todd learns how to cook and can cook on his own (particularly the 99.1% pure ****) suddenly he's very valuable or can simply off Walt and have the supply to himself. I feel that's Todd's thinking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads