1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

The bloody napkin that his nazi uncle used to wipe his boot didn't totally flush down. I bet that sinks them somehow....

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thought the same. that was very intentionally written in. imo, it went against walts rules to let todd in. someone who was not in the fold, and couldnt be trusted with secrets, but he needed to cook, he wanted the money, so he let him in. and now he will have to pay for that. and i think that is exactly what they were bringing to light.

:nodding:

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I was thinking the same thing... Those toilets always say some shit like "don't flush napkins or paper towels or tampons" because they never flush well.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I think that the Nazis were in it to show time frame - its sort of amazing to think that this is maybe 8 days or so since hank in the bathroom, and the Nazis killed the guys in the buried bus the morning after hank confronted walt and tyler, and jesse was throwing around the money. I think that everything that happens now will happen in 2-3 days, and then there will be a reason why nothing happens for the time it takes for walt to grow his hair and the house to show such deterioration.

5. in stitches

speaking of time, it amazes me that we are in the sixth season of a show that takes place over about year so far. awesome.

6. gort

gort Senior member

Yup
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I don't understand how you can hate Joffrey in GOT (ignoring my username) and be ambivalent about Mr. White. At least Joffrey has inbreeding to blame for his douchieness.

8. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

You are never on Joffrey's side, he's always been a douch and always will be. Walt's had a more gradual descent and occasionally (not so much in this season) has redeeming moments. I don't think I've had any moments where I've rooted for Joffrey, while I've had plenty with Walt. Besides that Walt is more machiavellian in his evilness (with moments of pettiness driven by his ego, like killing Mike), while Joffrey is entirely sadistic.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. in stitches

thats a great recap.

well, for one, joffrey is evil purely for the sake of evil. at least walt has a self preservation/money making/general gain, drive, that is behind his evil. he has never killed or maimed someone purely for the sake of causing another person pain and suffering. he also has and continues to show certain types of compassion to others and cares for others. joffrey is simply a sociopath in its purest form. he has zero redeeming qualities, i mean, he isnt even a evil genius, he is an evil dumb bastard of a shit stain.

oh, also, its TV, not real life. why one particular evil character repulses me more than another is not something id worry much about. your UN notwithstanding. :)

and lastly, i do view walt as an evil person, and though i would rather see him locked up than dead, it would not bother me to see him die. cant say he doesnt deserve it.

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

That's probably why they never show Jr. anymore. If he's around too much people are going to start to wonder how he went from being 15 to being 22 over the past year.

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I think the bloody Nazi tampon is a red herring.

12. globetrotter

I agree - I think it was more to show how unfazed he was at human blood on his shoe, and to make it clear that they had just now come from the killing of the other crew.

13. in stitches

well, even if it will amount to nothing (which i do find somewhat unlikely. usually in BB when they focus on something its for a reason, but red herring is a viable theory), it at the very least shows that they are on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to covering your tracks and being careful about evidence, in stark comparison to walt.

14. globetrotter

that I agree - they could have tracked blood onto the floor of the dinner for all they cared.

remember how gus changed into the coverall to kill the guy with a box cutter?

15. in stitches

16. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Alls I can say is that whenever I see bloody paper towels in a terlit, I just assume someone has 'roids or something. It's not something I'm gonna call the cops about...

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

This has happened to you?

18. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I think it's a metaphor for Nazi blood that will be spilt at the hands of Walt and his M-60. The Nazis are now in the meth business with what's her name. She demands high grade meth for her Czech associates which only Walt can deliver. The Nazis/What's Her Name are going to try and force Walt to cook for them. As a result I think Walt's family (or some of them) will be slaughtered. At the same time the legend of Heisenberg will be made public (why did his neighbor react like she did when she saw him a year later?) and may be another reason, in addition to the Nazis, why Walt goes underground in Vermont .

19. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Sometimes it's for symbolism (the tarantula in the desert).

Guys, Walt didn't actually go anywhere (Vermont, New Hampshire, etc.), he just got a new identity as Mr. Lambert from New Hampshire. The flash forward all takes place in ABQ. The gun dealer is the same guy he bought the .38 from in season 4.

20. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

All that means is we don't know. He may have been returning to ABQ from somewhere, but not necessarily from New Hampshire (maybe after faking his death, running from the DEA, using the guy that helps people disappear and start over, or any number of things), certainly his neighbor was very surprised to see him and he obviously hadn't been living at home for a while.