• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Could I wear a black leather biker jacket to a job interview?

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any blazers or suits.

Could I wear a biker jacket instead? Dressed up with some Allen Edmonds park avenues, dress pants, and a broadcloth shirt and silk tie.

Keep in mind it would be made of premium new zealand lamb with superior silver zippers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
sounds cool, can i see some pics because it does not sound like the leather biker jacket i know - the Fonz style

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No!

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the job.

Are you interviewing at a motorcycle dealership?

Cheers,

Ac

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either you're way hipper than me, and you can make AE Park Aves work with... well, anything, or you got a great deal. I hope you didn't pay retail otherwise -- $350 insurance salesman shoes, but no suit?

Jokes aside, you'd be better off wearing what you described sans jacket. You could wear the leather thing as outerwear and take it off when you get inside, but you probably wouldn't want to keep it on during the interview like it was a tailored jacket.

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Peter Marino styel

Reaction score
Quote:
now that look will get you any job, rock on!

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear it as outerwear to get there if you'd like, but it's not a substitute for a proper jacket, so be sure to take it off when you get inside.

I'd rather see someone in a tie sans jacket over someone who thinks a leather jacket is somehow a substitute for a proper jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads