• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Could a suit be more wrong than this one?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bslo
I don't think the Sartorialist blog is that bad. I definitely look at it once in a while. At least he promotes people who care about their appearance, even if we might not always appreciate the style. In any case, I think you guys are being too hard on him (people must know him personally, because I haven't detected any attitude from the site). He's shot quite a bit of Italian fashion that looked pretty good (remember, he has to work with what's out on the streets). And the women are often very attractive.

Allow me to submit exhibit A:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...arkAveJune.jpg

I love that big full shirt back to the skinny jeans
lol8[1].gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This guy is great too.
rolleyes.gif

shadesbluqo5.jpg

Has anybody actually seen pants this short on a person in the real world? I know that I have not.

i have a couple of pairs simular to this but just not so ball hugging and a bit loser around the thigh ok for the summer in HK esp at the weekends

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Peak lapel on a 2-button just looks...weird.

koji

And I'm expecting a delivery of this from WW Chan soon. Guess I'm going to look weird!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
To answer the OP: that is far, far from the worst looking suit ever. Yes, it has problems, but come on. I agree with those (even LK) who say that the shirt collar is by far the worst thing about that ensemble.

m_wave

Reaction score
At least he's puting it out there.. I think the fit is fantastic, sure his choice of colour/fabric isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's rocking it!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I concur. I had an alteration go bad and tight pants or too low a rise can be really uncomfortable.

you need to have balls for them to hurt.

i don't know whats worse, the sausage like suit or the gushing comments. Does anyone really want to see men's ankles when they are wearing a suit????

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
And I'm expecting a delivery of this from WW Chan soon. Guess I'm going to look weird!

Enjoy it in good health, just not my cup of tea.

koji

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
To answer the OP: that is far, far from the worst looking suit ever. Yes, it has problems, but come on. I agree with those (even LK) who say that the shirt collar is by far the worst thing about that ensemble.
I think that the jacket collar is worse than the shirt. If the shirt collar were normal, could you imagine what the jacket collar would look like?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This guy is great too.
rolleyes.gif

shadesbluqo5.jpg

Has anybody actually seen pants this short on a person in the real world? I know that I have not.

I rarely see pants that short in real life, but I frequently see people wear jackets and pants that are too small for them, just like the example in the pic.

The slim tapered cut pants really don`t work with guys with meaty legs. Also, when the jacket is too small, it really looks uncomfortable even if there isn`t much structure.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
overall I like more of it than I dislike

interesting. some of your likes are in my dislikes, and vice versa. here's how i would characterize it.

Like:
-trouser slimness
-overall fit of jacket
-color of glenplaid
-mix of brown/blue
-linen fabric

No Opinion:
-shoes
-uber wide peak lapel
-fat trouser cuffs

Dislike:
-lack of socks
-shirt collar
-trouser length

Overall, I think most of it is fine. If it were me, I would definitely wear a different shirt and socks, and maybe less tapered pants - but then, I have large thighs, so that's more of a body concession than a stylistic preference. That's probably why I don't like short pants, as well.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Here are some of the outlandish comments: That glenn plaid linen is just amazing!
I wouldn`t say it`s amazing, but I like the patterned linen too. I think it`s a stylish choice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I wouldn`t say it`s amazing, but I like the patterned linen too. I think it`s a stylish choice.

i agree with this too is is just poorly tailored and fitting! the color and patten combo works well IMO

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This whole "slim" fad is going to go out faster than low gorges and and 4x1 suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads