Could a suit be more wrong than this one?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jun 21, 2007.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I don't think the Sartorialist blog is that bad. I definitely look at it once in a while. At least he promotes people who care about their appearance, even if we might not always appreciate the style. In any case, I think you guys are being too hard on him (people must know him personally, because I haven't detected any attitude from the site). He's shot quite a bit of Italian fashion that looked pretty good (remember, he has to work with what's out on the streets). And the women are often very attractive.

Allow me to submit exhibit A:
    http://bp1.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...arkAveJune.jpg

[​IMG]

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

This guy is great too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has anybody actually seen pants this short on a person in the real world? I know that I have not.

i have a couple of pairs simular to this but just not so ball hugging and a bit loser around the thigh ok for the summer in HK esp at the weekends

3. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Peak lapel on a 2-button just looks...weird.

koji

And I'm expecting a delivery of this from WW Chan soon. Guess I'm going to look weird!

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

To answer the OP: that is far, far from the worst looking suit ever. Yes, it has problems, but come on. I agree with those (even LK) who say that the shirt collar is by far the worst thing about that ensemble.

5. bslo

bslo Senior member

Allow me to submit exhibit A:
    http://bp1.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...arkAveJune.jpg

[​IMG]

Like I said, he shots people who care about their appearance [​IMG]

Seriously, there are a lot of bad shots (believe me), but there are some very good ones too. And even considering the bad ones, the site is interesting enough to look at occasionally.

6. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

At least he's puting it out there.. I think the fit is fantastic, sure his choice of colour/fabric isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's rocking it!

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I suspect the collar is a wide "button-down" with those hidden buttons to secure that spread look.

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I concur. I had an alteration go bad and tight pants or too low a rise can be really uncomfortable.

you need to have balls for them to hurt.

i don't know whats worse, the sausage like suit or the gushing comments. Does anyone really want to see men's ankles when they are wearing a suit????

9. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

And I'm expecting a delivery of this from WW Chan soon. Guess I'm going to look weird!

Enjoy it in good health, just not my cup of tea.

koji

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

To answer the OP: that is far, far from the worst looking suit ever. Yes, it has problems, but come on. I agree with those (even LK) who say that the shirt collar is by far the worst thing about that ensemble.
    I think that the jacket collar is worse than the shirt. If the shirt collar were normal, could you imagine what the jacket collar would look like?

11. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

This guy is great too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has anybody actually seen pants this short on a person in the real world? I know that I have not.

I rarely see pants that short in real life, but I frequently see people wear jackets and pants that are too small for them, just like the example in the pic.

The slim tapered cut pants really don`t work with guys with meaty legs. Also, when the jacket is too small, it really looks uncomfortable even if there isn`t much structure.

12. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

overall I like more of it than I dislike

interesting. some of your likes are in my dislikes, and vice versa. here's how i would characterize it.

Like:
    -trouser slimness
    -overall fit of jacket
    -color of glenplaid
    -mix of brown/blue
    -linen fabric

No Opinion:
    -shoes
    -uber wide peak lapel
    -fat trouser cuffs

Dislike:
    -lack of socks
    -shirt collar
    -trouser length

Overall, I think most of it is fine. If it were me, I would definitely wear a different shirt and socks, and maybe less tapered pants - but then, I have large thighs, so that's more of a body concession than a stylistic preference. That's probably why I don't like short pants, as well.

13. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Here are some of the outlandish comments: That glenn plaid linen is just amazing!
    I wouldn`t say it`s amazing, but I like the patterned linen too. I think it`s a stylish choice.

14. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wouldn`t say it`s amazing, but I like the patterned linen too. I think it`s a stylish choice.

i agree with this too is is just poorly tailored and fitting! the color and patten combo works well IMO

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

This whole "slim" fad is going to go out faster than low gorges and and 4x1 suits.