• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Couch Surfing?

quanfer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to travel through couch surfing? http://www.couchsurfing.com/ For those who don't know, its a directory of people who believe in 'hospitality exchange', such that you could find someone in a part of the world and have them host you for a few nights. It seems very interesting to me as a means to travel not only cheaply, but to meet locals and the kind of people who are involved in this program. Edit: NY Times article on couch surfing (may need to be a member) http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/20/garden/20couch.html

kman

Reaction score
sounds really cool. i am going to look into it.

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. If I had time, I'd definitely give this a try.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy in Amsterdam who was into couch surfing. he had a number of people stay with him, and went to crash with others in Milan, etc...

From what I know he had only good experieces.

Me, I need my own space and privacy...

K

lithium180

Reaction score
I've done it ~ 5 times and always had very positive experiences. It saves money and if your new friend has time, they can usually show you around some great places that you'd never otherwise find.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have done it a few times, and I hope to do it more often in the future during my travels. Its a great way to instantly meet new people in a city, get to know the life and culture, and if you can find the right surfer, you can have an active social life in a new city in no time.

mmhollis

Reaction score
I couch surfed for a week in South Africa it was a GREAT experience and I'd definitely will do it again.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's