1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Cotton vs. Floral Ties - Seasonal?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lafont, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

These are my two current Liberty of London ties - the first a classic Liberty Arts and Crafts pattern in cotton, the second a classic flower-type pattern in silk.
    What do you guys think of wearing a cotton tie that's not out-and-out floral in the colder months in a four-season climate? Or a more obviously floral tie but one that's silk?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

The pattern on the first is "Ianthe" - their traditional Art Deco print. I've also got a few of their cotton ties. I think you can get away with the Ianthe in all seasons but the floral definitely a spring summer tie.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thats fnny, I would have said the opposite...a bold floral tie sometimes can really be an eye openiner on a cold dreary day, especially when paired with a drak somber suit. I would think the cotton would limit its wearing to spring/summer.

4. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

I'd call Liberty's "Ianthe" design Art Nouveau, not Art Deco, btw.