1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cotton pocket squares?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

How would you all use cotton pocket squares? I have a nice one by Ike Behar, but can never figure out which fold to use. Cotton poses particular challenges, because it doesn't give you the spilling-out-of-your-pocket anarchy that silk offers, and it doesn't give the crisp folded look of linen either. Any recs on the best fold for cotton squares?

2. Will

Will Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I'd use a square fold. The points won't stay crisp in a triangle and the body won't puff.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

Is the "square fold" what is sometimes also called the "TV fold" (for whatever reason I don't know unless because it was popular in the 1950s and commonly seen on TV in that era, maybe)? If so that's what I use. I picked up four nice cotton pocket squares recently, and that's the only way I wear them.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If you wanted you could use that complicated one that sort of looks like a shell... you kinda pleat it and then fold it in half. Hard to explain but it would definitely work.

5. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Good call J. I think this is the fold you were referring to. I did it and it looks great with the cotton square.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I've has good luck with the pointed/ linen like look. But then only 2 of my squares are cotton.