• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cotton long sleeves and creases at the elbow

Plasdom

Reaction score
I have noticed that with %100 cotton long sleeved shirts, when I bend my elbow, they get creases on the inside very easily. Does this happen to all cotton shirts (long sleeves) or I am buying cheap ones? What can be done to avoid this?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep your arms straight. Always.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real 100% cotton wrinkles... so wear your wrinkles with proud.... However I have read that some weaving styles wrinkle less than others

CoryB

Reaction score
I used to try to keep my clothing looking fresh and pressed for as long as possible. Now I just wear clothes and they look as they look; at the end of the day I rarely say that wrinkle looks horrible, I should have sat in a different way.

neyus

Reaction score
I find that poplin wrinkles the most and most textures don't crush as easily or shoe wrinkles as easily I should say

JR_Rider

Reaction score
I find that my pinpoint shirts will crease and wrinkle if you look at them wrong. I no longer even buy pinpoint shirts because they wrinkle so easily. I prefer broadcloth. Apparently 2-ply shirting fabrics wrinkle less.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.