• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

Crandnew

Reaction score
Thanks for the help on the customs all!

Thinking of grabbing those new yamabakamas. Based on those measurements and the adjustable waist, I think I'll size up from my denim size. Those pants would look great oversized imo.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on the customs all!

Thinking of grabbing those new yamabakamas. Based on those measurements and the adjustable waist, I think I'll size up from my denim size. Those pants would look great oversized imo.

They’re very loose-fitting pants, with an elastic drawstring waist. I don’t know what your usual jean size is, but generally I choose the lower waist measurement with pants like this. My Yamabakama’s are a 3, whereas my Itto Unsai’s are a 4. Both fit me to my preference, and Yamabakamas are still more accommodating.

Samer

Reaction score
Seriously considering the craftman indigo denim jacket and curious if anyone has it - or any version of the denim jacket?

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Kakishibu merry go round shirt:

a7jo1m6.jpg
3rMkp9j.jpg
7raHQaR.jpg
HmAbFxF.jpg

So this shirt was why my order came in slow. They stitch these up and then dye them to order. This shirt has come in so stiff from the dye. It's kind of ridiculous, but they included a hand written note about how it will soften up with wear and how to care for it properly. Super super cool. I think this is going to break in and fade fantastically.
Holy **** I need this

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time wearing the Akane hoodie. I love it!

Q16mevR.jpg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the washed ecru denim when it was first announced. Looking forward to getting them (they are in production) as I like ecru jeans in the warm weather months and Cottle's blend of linen/cotton should make them even more comfortable.

View attachment 1629326
I've been considering these as well. How did you size them? (And how confident are you in that sizing?)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been considering these as well. How did you size them? (And how confident are you in that sizing?)

I used their website sizing chart for this jean and this particular model and getting the size 34. Also, it is a washed ecru so not concerned about shrinkage. I emailed them about inseam length and they have a few that will be a bit longer and are sending me one.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always contact them by email and they will do their best to help you with your purchase.
Thanks for this! I actually did get in touch with them, and they were very responsive and helpful. Unfortunately, their sizing advice differs from the feedback I’ve received from people that own their jeans. I was told that I should take a 5 if I’m even a fraction of an inch over a 36” waist, or even if I’m right at 36”, but I’ve talked to two people who are at 37” plus, took a 4, and find that they still have room to spare. To be honest, I know that I’d probably be ok with either a 4 or 5. I don’t want them tight, so I’m leaning towards a 5, however feedback from others has made it seem like a 5 might leave me with like 3” of space, which seems a bit more than I’d like.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I actually did get in touch with them, and they were very responsive and helpful. Unfortunately, their sizing advice differs from the feedback I’ve received from people that own their jeans. I was told that I should take a 5 if I’m even a fraction of an inch over a 36” waist, or even if I’m right at 36”, but I’ve talked to two people who are at 37” plus, took a 4, and find that they still have room to spare. To be honest, I know that I’d probably be ok with either a 4 or 5. I don’t want them tight, so I’m leaning towards a 5, however feedback from others has made it seem like a 5 might leave me with like 3” of space, which seems a bit more than I’d like.

I got a 3 but prefer the fit of a 4... if you have any sort of shape to your frame size up! The hip and thighs are for people who are long and thin.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a 3 but prefer the fit of a 4... if you have any sort of shape to your frame size up! The hip and thighs are for people who are long and thin.
Great, thanks. This makes me much more comfortable with going with a 5, even if it is technically a size up. Really appreciate the advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads