• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I ordered a 4, being about 6'2 myself. It is quite oversized and boxy fit. The sleeves also cover about half my hand. I like it in all aspects, I just would like if the body was more form fitting. In that regard, I'd recommend a 3.

You do know their entire brand is based around big roomy comfortable fits right? I don't think they make anything that is form fitting.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
thanks! Guess at some point I’ll just have to get both.

Also, how much does the denim stretch in the waist? I am a true 30 waist in terms of measurements. Like most Japanese should I size up? Measurements show the 30 is just a hair under 30 around. One store that sells them you can expect about an inch of stretch. Debating going for a 1 or 2

The denim stretches and shrinks and depends on if you get a washed or unwashed pair. The linen content in it will give it less stretch in the long run I feel. I feel like the sizing is TTS with fairly narrow legs even on the straight fit. Most Japanese jeans have narrow hips and thighs and I rarely find a pair that fit me comfortably. Cottle's denim is beautiful and the hardware is mind blowing.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The denim stretches and shrinks and depends on if you get a washed or unwashed pair. The linen content in it will give it less stretch in the long run I feel. I feel like the sizing is TTS with fairly narrow legs even on the straight fit. Most Japanese jeans have narrow hips and thighs and I rarely find a pair that fit me comfortably. Cottle's denim is beautiful and the hardware is mind blowing.

I gotta second this. My patchwork pair are really a work of art. I've been tempted to go back and just get a regular pair as well. The wide fit denim pattern is just the best.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I gotta second this. My patchwork pair are really a work of art. I've been tempted to go back and just get a regular pair as well. The wide fit denim pattern is just the best.

I can't stress it enough but the cast button they use are exquisite. Other brands mostly use stamped brass covers that they fold over the standard plain rivet buttons, but cast is like the rolls royce of hardware. Its like this little piece of folk craft detail on every pair.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the traveling jacket? I’ve been looking for a denim chore and had been leaning towards Drake’s or BBJ, but Cottle’s is quite nice—the raglan sleeves are an interesting addition.

Crandnew

Reaction score

I can’t wait to try some denim! So by true you mean no vanity sizing, as in it will measure what the size tag?

I am actually looking at getting two pairs. The dark indigo and light indigo. Was thinking of getting the dark indigo in the straight fit, and the light indigo in the slim straight. All my mid wash denim is slim, and all my light wash denim is wide.

Your post makes me think I should grab the wider dark indigo pair first. That way if I love the straight cut I can get the lighter wash in the straight. I feel like one of each cut would slot into my wardrobe better. But if that straight fit is just jaw droopingly good I could see my self opting for the light wash in a wider cut.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I can’t wait to try some denim! So by true you mean no vanity sizing, as in it will measure what the size tag?

I am actually looking at getting two pairs. The dark indigo and light indigo. Was thinking of getting the dark indigo in the straight fit, and the light indigo in the slim straight. All my mid wash denim is slim, and all my light wash denim is wide.

Your post makes me think I should grab the wider dark indigo pair first. That way if I love the straight cut I can get the lighter wash in the straight. I feel like one of each cut would slot into my wardrobe better. But if that straight fit is just jaw droopingly good I could see my self opting for the light wash in a wider cut.

Their size chart is accurate is what I mean. They size by number so a "tag size" wouldn't make any sense really. You should really get your comfortable waist measurements in centimeters, that really makes buying Japanese brands and getting the sizing right a lot easier. I feel the majority of Japanese brands give accurate sizing information so maybe even simply dropping them an email might save you time and money.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cottle haul.

75C5434B-713D-4258-8018-B118DB18FA13.jpeg

YummyOnline

Reaction score
You do know their entire brand is based around big roomy comfortable fits right? I don't think they make anything that is form fitting.

For sure. It's that the 4 in the hoodie would be better if someone's a bit bigger, but otherwise a 3. The models they show wearing them are 185cm in a 3. I'm pretty skinny, and 188cm so the 4 drapes over me, but I emailed Toshi and that's what he rec'd. I think the 3 would fit a little better for what I was going for. I'm not saying form fitting like adhering to the body, just a more appropriate oversize i guess.

conqueror

Reaction score
re: hoodie, i'm 186cm/80kg and the 4 was way too massive for my taste. even the 3 is very generous, and (imo) too long in the sleeves particularly.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a 3 coming in a few weeks hopefully so will post a fit pic when it's here. Went for the Akane.

Depending on that, if I fancy one of the new sweaters, I will maybe size down again as hoodies suit being looser.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Although that is largely the dyes I think. Some pieces I would say are more reasonably priced than Visvim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics