• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Has anyone handled the Itto Unsai pants and can be speak to their weight, stretch and shrinkage?

I don't think they are going to be making those again. They are linen cotton so they are sturdy and soft, with quite an uneven woven texture. Pretty much like French workwear linen/cotton garments.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are going to be making those again. They are linen cotton so they are sturdy and soft, with quite an uneven woven texture. Pretty much like French workwear linen/cotton garments.

They're presently up on their webstore.

Would you say they're light enough for summer?

It's linen, so I'm assuming shrink. My main concern is with the waist and how much I can expect it to shrink, as well as stretch.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
They're presently up on their webstore.

Would you say they're light enough for summer?

It's linen, so I'm assuming shrink. My main concern is with the waist and how much I can expect it to shrink, as well as stretch.

Yes they are light enough for summer. The Japanese webstore has them listed as sold out...

Cottle washes all their stuff besides the rigid denim before they sell. So I would say that most of the shrinkage is complete. They are also dyed which means they go through the shrinking process there too.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they are light enough for summer. The Japanese webstore has them listed as sold out...

Cottle washes all their stuff besides the rigid denim before they sell. So I would say that most of the shrinkage is complete. They are also dyed which means they go through the shrinking process there too.

Super helpful. Thank you.

Crandnew

Reaction score
Really torn on what color to grab the sea whispering shirt in. Definitely want a blue. Between asagi and the authentic indigo. I would grab the authentic, but I have many indigo dyed shirts. The asagi seems to be different than what I own.
Anybody have any experience with cottle’s asagi dye?

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Any light color indigo tends to fade quickly especially in sunlight because there is less dyestuff present in the color, same with any natural dye. Also places where you sweat will also fade quicker.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any advice on hoodie sizing? I'm 6'2 and thinking a 3?

Stone

Reaction score
Another advice request—can anyone comment on the rise of Cottle’s straight denim? I’m looking for a medium/high rise.

I asked Cottle what the front and back rise was on that pair in a size 4, and they said 32cm front and 36cm back. Those proportions seem off—I would have expected a significantly longer back rise for a 32cm front rise. Thanks.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another advice request—can anyone comment on the rise of Cottle’s straight denim? I’m looking for a medium/high rise.

I asked Cottle what the front and back rise was on that pair in a size 4, and they said 32cm front and 36cm back. Those proportions seem off—I would have expected a significantly longer back rise for a 32cm front rise. Thanks.
12.5” is a fairly high rise. What were you expecting?

Crandnew

Reaction score
Any light color indigo tends to fade quickly especially in sunlight because there is less dyestuff present in the color, same with any natural dye. Also places where you sweat will also fade quicker.

thanks! Guess at some point I’ll just have to get both.

Also, how much does the denim stretch in the waist? I am a true 30 waist in terms of measurements. Like most Japanese should I size up? Measurements show the 30 is just a hair under 30 around. One store that sells them you can expect about an inch of stretch. Debating going for a 1 or 2

YummyOnline

Reaction score
Any advice on hoodie sizing? I'm 6'2 and thinking a 3?

I ordered a 4, being about 6'2 myself. It is quite oversized and boxy fit. The sleeves also cover about half my hand. I like it in all aspects, I just would like if the body was more form fitting. In that regard, I'd recommend a 3.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 4, being about 6'2 myself. It is quite oversized and boxy fit. The sleeves also cover about half my hand. I like it in all aspects, I just would like if the body was more form fitting. In that regard, I'd recommend a 3.
Good to know. I did go for the 3 in the end after sending some measurements to them on Instagram DM. Thanks for your help though. What's the quality like. Would love to see more close ups. ?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads