• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

Phullyman

Reaction score
I agree with the others 4 is perfect. 3 would be too small imo

mgrail

Reaction score
Probably also worth mentioning that Cottle and Denimo are doing a "olympics contest" where 5 lucky people compete for fades:

The Cottle/Denimio competition is underway. Looks to be a good mix of denim extraordinaires. (Selfishly, I was hoping to be the one person who was new to denim to participate :tongue:.) Really cool idea, interested to see what comes of it.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cottle/Denimio competition is underway. Looks to be a good mix of denim extraordinaires. (Selfishly, I was hoping to be the one person who was new to denim to participate :tongue:.) Really cool idea, interested to see what comes of it.

Darn, was pretty sure I wasn't going to be one either because I rarely use instagram, but i still had a little hope. :p Will be cool to see how these pairs age.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I messaged cottle about their indigo yamabakama pants to see if they were going to restock, and it turns out they had enough extra fabric to make me a pair. They just showed up today and these are pretty amazing.

0Xvtazl.jpg
9fYq5OO.jpg

This fabric is really wild. It looks like it would be pretty thick but it's actually really light and airy. Super cool and comfy pants.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I messaged cottle about their indigo yamabakama pants to see if they were going to restock, and it turns out they had enough extra fabric to make me a pair. They just showed up today and these are pretty amazing.

0Xvtazl.jpg
9fYq5OO.jpg

This fabric is really wild. It looks like it would be pretty thick but it's actually really light and airy. Super cool and comfy pants.
Looks awesome!

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, FYI I posted my size 3 fleece on B&S. I sized incorrectly so open to offers

YAKNUME_1080x.jpg

aladdnzane

Reaction score
Decided to go with a different color fleece from Cottle so if anyone is looking for a size 4 in the indigo kakishibu I have one new with tags for sale.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
These fleeces: besides color options what’s the difference between the yak variation and the cotton one? Warmer? Softer? Anyone handle both?

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These fleeces: besides color options what’s the difference between the yak variation and the cotton one? Warmer? Softer? Anyone handle both?
I haven’t handled both, but it was explained to me that the yak adds a little bit of warmth. The indigo kakishibu one I have is fairly thin for fleece and I think works better for 60ish degree weather. Maybe @Newcomer can comment on how warm the yak one is.

the kidcrash

Reaction score

new video from hues related to the above

ive handled a bunch of cottle over the past year since 180 in Tribeca started stocking them, the quality is very much worth price of admission.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw the price for the egg coat and throwing down almost 2000 bucks from basically a robe seems pretty hard pill to swallow. I get small brands have high costs but dang.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
So I got in on Bandanna Almanac's Cottle comfort pants pre-order, and he was nice enough to have them kakishibu dye them for me. These are so freaking cool.

uq34mj4.jpg

Really excited to see how these fade up over time.

Thanks for picking up a pair. Yours came out really nice, the color fade on the sashiko is quite nice for an overdye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads