• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've completely fallen in love with Cottle and they deserve their own thread.

These blog posts and sites give some good background about them:

COTTLE was established in 2015 and is built on the rich heritage of the Japanese textile industry. The brand, operating from a renovated 130-year-old textile factory in Kojima, is adopting a very Japanese sense of season, aesthetics and culture, which is obviously reflected by their products. The guys behind Cottle are following traditional Japanese production methods and are embracing the boundaries and limitations which can sometimes accompany them.

Their use of traditional organic dyes is just fantastic, and their store is just lovely.

COTTLE.001.jpeg

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw that 180 in NYC was carrying them and have been very interested to try to get in one day and check it all out.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some shots of my recent pickups. I ******* love these jeans.

wTBzzWj.jpg
Pi6gANz.jpg
cZJuac2.jpg
YPskyXT.jpg
FhJ503M.jpg
XZ5WJ7T.jpg
tfNpJdx.jpg
dXGi7oG.jpg
IwUsExV.jpg
R9PtNhZ.jpg
hQeOtyB.jpg
66hkp5s.jpg

Details and fabric are amazing. So comfortable. I love the metal, and the little pockets are super cool. Can't wait to get them back from being hemmed. The fabric was too soft and wide to really hold a cuff.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kakishibu merry go round shirt:

a7jo1m6.jpg
3rMkp9j.jpg
7raHQaR.jpg
HmAbFxF.jpg

So this shirt was why my order came in slow. They stitch these up and then dye them to order. This shirt has come in so stiff from the dye. It's kind of ridiculous, but they included a hand written note about how it will soften up with wear and how to care for it properly. Super super cool. I think this is going to break in and fade fantastically.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also really loving their town coat. Tempted to pick one up this fall. Reminds me a bit of a lab coat.

image_706e13f2-87ab-4095-9e10-df14226fe510_4472x.png

mgrail

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread! Hope to see more chatter about Cottle. Their price points make their goods less accessible (for me, at least), but that just means I'll need to save up, and I'll (most likely) appreciate the item that much more.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread! Hope to see more chatter about Cottle. Their price points make their goods less accessible (for me, at least), but that just means I'll need to save up, and I'll (most likely) appreciate the item that much more.

Yeah it's a bit spendy, but it really seems like their stuff is built to last and get worn in. I'm super excited to see how my kakishibu shirt fades over time. Really tempted to go in for another pair of jeans too. Their standard fit is so good in a relaxed oversized way.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting and sharing pics. The stuff looks really awesome. I’m currently lusting after some more stuff too but need to sit with it first.

how’s sizing for you? Seems like a 3 on most things would be like a standard large.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a 4 on the jeans and that's ~36" waist, so I'd say there sizing is pretty accurate. I went with a 5 in the merry go round shirt, and a 4 in the magic ways shirt. I feel like the merry go round shirt is actually a little smaller even though the size is larger, but it's a different fit. I think the dye process also may have had something to do with that. It may loosen up and stretch a bit with use.

aladdnzane

Reaction score
I've been looking at a fleece from them. Good to see they are getting some love here. Stuff looks greagt.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful stuff...saw it at 180 in the spring

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
06E9F2F3-FB57-4BA6-AB80-B70E06F147F6.jpeg

6630A958-4629-48E5-9853-BC9CAF946126.jpeg

Considering one of these and looking for some thoughts. Already have a white long shirt in a flannel material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads