• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottle

coooaaat

Reaction score
I have a brand new pair of light indigo slim straight jeans in size 2 that I'm looking to sell. $300 shipped to CONUS only, PM if you're interested.

The measurements on the site are perfect (for a change) so it's my bad for picking the wrong size–they're too tight above the knee. I'll probably place an order for a size 3 once I've shifted this pair because they don't disappoint. I'm picky about washed jeans, but I think this pair looks fantastic with how visible the nep & slub is.

e: I got impatient and ordered a size 3. Toshi immediately reached out and asked if I wanted to arrange a return on the other size. That's customer service!

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's your 'vanity' pants sizing usually? 32? 30? just curious as I'm intending to order a pair from here, but sizing as always with denim is tricky

Crandnew

Reaction score
what's your 'vanity' pants sizing usually? 32? 30? just curious as I'm intending to order a pair from here, but sizing as always with denim is tricky

I went with my belt size (vanity I wear a 30, took a 2 or 32 in cottle) in both the straight and slim straight. Unless your legs are extremely built I think you should be fine ordering your non vanity size. They fit well enough I rarely wear any denim but my light indigo slim straights and dark indigo straights.

I’d shoot them an email. Toshi has without fail been able to pick my size out on a variety of items just by giving my height and weight. They also stand behind their products and above all want you to be happy.

coooaaat

Reaction score
My "true waist" is 32" around, and some pants fittings:
- Engineered Garments: 32 or S
- Orslow: somewhere between 1 and 2 for denim, 3 for drawstring pants
- Battenwear: M
- Universal Works: somewhere between 30 and 32

The size 2 Cottle jeans were too snug in the waist, but I could button them up without struggling. The seat was tight enough that it might have caused injury if I tried to wear them.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with my belt size (vanity I wear a 30, took a 2 or 32 in cottle) in both the straight and slim straight. Unless your legs are extremely built I think you should be fine ordering your non vanity size. They fit well enough I rarely wear any denim but my light indigo slim straights and dark indigo straights.

I’d shoot them an email. Toshi has without fail been able to pick my size out on a variety of items just by giving my height and weight. They also stand behind their products and above all want you to be happy.
My "true waist" is 32" around, and some pants fittings:
- Engineered Garments: 32 or S
- Orslow: somewhere between 1 and 2 for denim, 3 for drawstring pants
- Battenwear: M
- Universal Works: somewhere between 30 and 32

The size 2 Cottle jeans were too snug in the waist, but I could button them up without struggling. The seat was tight enough that it might have caused injury if I tried to wear them.

thank you gents, looking forward to my first cottle piece! just needs to choose which. I love their 'bleached indigo' sort of washes so I'd probably choose that wash, just need to settle on a fit

Samer

Reaction score
Had to go back for the jacket. The lightness of the fabric and the generous fit (size 3) mean I won’t be taking this off.

Attachments

• B99764B5-284B-437B-885A-D325E6F36DEB.jpeg
    B99764B5-284B-437B-885A-D325E6F36DEB.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 125
  • F8BBF854-ED0B-4BC0-BD00-B05B46C1603E.jpeg
    F8BBF854-ED0B-4BC0-BD00-B05B46C1603E.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 158
  • FE0D3FF9-7EFB-4582-A8F7-47EA527414C5.jpeg
    FE0D3FF9-7EFB-4582-A8F7-47EA527414C5.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 189

Samer

Reaction score
Had to go back for the jacket. The lightness of the fabric and the generous fit (size 3) mean I won’t be taking this off.
Selvedge everywhere.

Attachments

• C745DB79-842F-447E-A7FA-56E6AA5C3A29.jpeg
    C745DB79-842F-447E-A7FA-56E6AA5C3A29.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 197

Samer

Reaction score

Crandnew

Reaction score
Earth wall looks amazing. I too got a pouch with my delivery today. I would have bought that blanket if I don’t have a terrible wool allergy. Even the pouch set it off. I wonder if they’ll use some of the new earth wall silhouettes in the uniform for life fabrications. I’d kill for that blanket in some of the fabrics in the main line.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Been wearing my CTL Neo Type 2 recently, and wore it for a photoshoot recently. Never really liked wearing denim jackets as they are always way too fitted Cottle though made the perfect sihlouette. Photo is rigid but recently gave it a rinse and I like how it is taking shape!
63401693.92c504e9190158a1fbac4dde3f946007.21083109.JPG

coooaaat

Reaction score
That jacket is awesome.

I received my replacement slim jeans very promptly. These are a much better fit though I wouldn't mind if they shrank by a fraction in the wash. Might have the inseam taken in by a couple of inches.

The fabric and hardware are amazing. I keep fiddling with the button and admiring the imperfections in the weave.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
@BandannAlmanac how do Cottle and Tezomeya t-shirts compare? I feel like you are one of the few who could give a very informed answer

I have been thinking about this recently, and I don't think Cottle T's are made on loopwheel knitting machines like Tezomeya. The hand is so much different from other loop wheel fabrics that I have handled, I may be wrong but pretty sure Cottle is using sinker-type knitting machines. I have recently been developing my own t-shirt brand on loop wheel machines and haven't seen any fabric that is similar to Cottle. There are lots of circular knitters out there but I think there is often confusion over side seams and fabric. The biggest difference in sinker-type and falling loop wheel machines fabric quality is the fluffiness of the fabric, among a few other general differences...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads