• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

costume nationale blazers - yoox

dumadiscount

Reaction score
there are a few of these on yoox going for $314. is this good value? how much do they usually retail for and is the quality ok?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Yoox says that their regular prices are roughly 50% of retail prices, which would make them retail for about $630. This sounds about right, though I wouldn't be surprised if they retailed for slightly higher.

I can't comment on the quality, though the cut should be great. Very slim.

Dan

sam

Reaction score
FYI, you can use the following code to get free shipping (until 4/14): SURFACE_APRIL@YOOX

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like others have mentioned, the cut is slim. i wear a 40US and bought a jacket from them in the same size that was way too small.

also, if you're willing to wait and potentially risk losing something you want, hold off on purchasing until the end of the season where they'll put items for sale with more of a discount. a CN waistcoat that i bought for $69 in midseason, ended up going on sale at the end of the season for $39.

-Jeff

Brian SD

Reaction score
IMO, those jackets are not going to last at that price, probably not even past the first sale. Some of the CN suits have already sold out at $500-600. I would bite the bullet and pay $315 if you really want it.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal.  Re: CN, just remember: slim.

I have a chest measure of 40 or 41, and usually fit in a US size 40 or euro 50.  But with CN, I need a 52.
This strikes me as kind of silly. If you are a 50, buy a 50. If it is too tight, it is because that is how Costume National wants it to fit, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't buy Costume National. If you upped a size for a better fit, you didn't get a better fit, you got a fit different from what the design intended. Basically, all I'm saying is don't use this as a rule when buying their products. Order the size that you are.

Dan

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is too tight, it is because that is how Costume National wants it to fit, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't buy Costume National.  If you upped a size for a better fit, you didn't get a better fit, you got a fit different from what the design intended...
are you serious?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with amirrorcrkd. I mean, you can always size up of down, but if you are going to wear CdG and Yamamoto really fitted and Helmut Lang and Costume sort of relaxed, you are, unless you are *really* sure of your styling abilities, not going to look quite right. Othewise, take your measurements, and wear the size intended for those measurements.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Agreed - if you're paying for a designers design, wear it with the original intention they designed it for.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I sense a clear deliniation between the streetwear/designer afficianados and the whatever-the-opposite-of-that-is afficianados.

We can agree to disagree.

And mack, you're right, if you buy it, you can wear it however the hell you please. If you are so inclined to use that blazer as a bathrobe, no one is going to, nor should they try to, stop you.

Dan

dumadiscount

Reaction score
lol. im confused now. im a snug fitting 36R in off the rack cheap suits ie ted baker etc. should i buy 36 or 38 in CN?. hehe.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Well you CAN wear it however you want, but it just seems foolish to pay for a designer's piece, then wear the wrong size. I fully admit to the topic being debatable, because in some cases it would just be damn impossible to wear a suit in your correct size (i.e. Balenciaga), and if there's one counterexample, the rule should be false. However, I don't find Costume National to be *so* tight that buying in your size could be considered "not fitting," and that's why I feel like you should just get the right size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads