costume nationale blazers - yoox

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dumadiscount, Apr 10, 2005.

1. dumadiscount

dumadiscount Well-Known Member

there are a few of these on yoox going for $314. is this good value? how much do they usually retail for and is the quality ok?

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Yoox says that their regular prices are roughly 50% of retail prices, which would make them retail for about $630. This sounds about right, though I wouldn't be surprised if they retailed for slightly higher.

I can't comment on the quality, though the cut should be great. Very slim.

Dan

3. sam

sam Senior member

FYI, you can use the following code to get free shipping (until 4/14): [email protected]

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

like others have mentioned, the cut is slim. i wear a 40US and bought a jacket from them in the same size that was way too small.

also, if you're willing to wait and potentially risk losing something you want, hold off on purchasing until the end of the season where they'll put items for sale with more of a discount. a CN waistcoat that i bought for $69 in midseason, ended up going on sale at the end of the season for $39.

-Jeff

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

IMO, those jackets are not going to last at that price, probably not even past the first sale. Some of the CN suits have already sold out at $500-600. I would bite the bullet and pay $315 if you really want it.

6. amirrorcrackd

This strikes me as kind of silly. If you are a 50, buy a 50. If it is too tight, it is because that is how Costume National wants it to fit, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't buy Costume National. If you upped a size for a better fit, you didn't get a better fit, you got a fit different from what the design intended. Basically, all I'm saying is don't use this as a rule when buying their products. Order the size that you are.

Dan

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

are you serious?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree with amirrorcrkd. I mean, you can always size up of down, but if you are going to wear CdG and Yamamoto really fitted and Helmut Lang and Costume sort of relaxed, you are, unless you are *really* sure of your styling abilities, not going to look quite right. Othewise, take your measurements, and wear the size intended for those measurements.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Agreed - if you're paying for a designers design, wear it with the original intention they designed it for.

10. amirrorcrackd

I sense a clear deliniation between the streetwear/designer afficianados and the whatever-the-opposite-of-that-is afficianados.

We can agree to disagree.

And mack, you're right, if you buy it, you can wear it however the hell you please. If you are so inclined to use that blazer as a bathrobe, no one is going to, nor should they try to, stop you.

Dan

11. dumadiscount

lol. im confused now. im a snug fitting 36R in off the rack cheap suits ie ted baker etc. should i buy 36 or 38 in CN?. hehe.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Well you CAN wear it however you want, but it just seems foolish to pay for a designer's piece, then wear the wrong size. I fully admit to the topic being debatable, because in some cases it would just be damn impossible to wear a suit in your correct size (i.e. Balenciaga), and if there's one counterexample, the rule should be false. However, I don't find Costume National to be *so* tight that buying in your size could be considered "not fitting," and that's why I feel like you should just get the right size.

13. dumadiscount

cheers i think ill just go for the 36 and cross my fingers