• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Costume National Suit

chris_hansen

Reaction score
Anyone picked up a CN suit on Yoox recently? There are heap on sale in the $400-500 range. Just trying to gather thoughts on the quality/fit etc. From what I've read they seem quite variable.

Cheers

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have mainline Costume stuff (mostly odd jackets, trousers, etc.) and it's quite well made, with relatively fine fabrics. Jackets are half-canvassed, with quite careful tailoring. Things to be aware of: the cut is quite fitted and trim, and the jacket sleeves are usually quite long. Some of the nice details include working sleeve buttonholes. The cut of the clothes vary from fashion forward to moderately "conservative". If you see something you like, it's definitely worth trying it out. After all, you can always send it back.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. You're paying for the fit mostly, and most of it I have seen fits well. They ruin some of their pieces with stupid unnecessary details, but the suits seem to be a pretty decent off the rack value for the money.

jyook

Reaction score
My CN suit was my favorite suit to wear for the longest time even though the sleeves are a little long... I've outgrown it...
frown.gif

chris_hansen

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. Might pick up a couple and see how the go. Cheers

FELT

Reaction score
Just got one from Yoox: Quality is ok (for the Yoox sale price), and I really like the silhouette (slim, not overlong jacket with waist suppression, which won't suit all, of course). They do have disproportionately long sleeves, along with a bizarre sleeve cuff buttoning arrangement - basted cuffs with two buttons fully functional and two potentially functioning but uncut (which does at least make sleeve shortening more straightforward than if they were all functioning).

lizmasc

Reaction score
THey have some other stuff I'm not too much of a fan of, and I think that the suit looks nice. I don't have much of an issue with the sleeves though
smile.gif
smiley2.gif

FELT

Reaction score
I'm intrigued as to why they end up on Yoox in such quantities and (at times) such great prices. I've bought really nice wool trousers from them in the past for $30.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads