• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Costume National Suit

chris_hansen

Reaction score
Anyone picked up a CN suit on Yoox recently? There are heap on sale in the $400-500 range. Just trying to gather thoughts on the quality/fit etc. From what I've read they seem quite variable.

Cheers

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have mainline Costume stuff (mostly odd jackets, trousers, etc.) and it's quite well made, with relatively fine fabrics. Jackets are half-canvassed, with quite careful tailoring. Things to be aware of: the cut is quite fitted and trim, and the jacket sleeves are usually quite long. Some of the nice details include working sleeve buttonholes. The cut of the clothes vary from fashion forward to moderately "conservative". If you see something you like, it's definitely worth trying it out. After all, you can always send it back.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. You're paying for the fit mostly, and most of it I have seen fits well. They ruin some of their pieces with stupid unnecessary details, but the suits seem to be a pretty decent off the rack value for the money.

jyook

Reaction score
My CN suit was my favorite suit to wear for the longest time even though the sleeves are a little long... I've outgrown it...

chris_hansen

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. Might pick up a couple and see how the go. Cheers

FELT

Reaction score
Just got one from Yoox: Quality is ok (for the Yoox sale price), and I really like the silhouette (slim, not overlong jacket with waist suppression, which won't suit all, of course). They do have disproportionately long sleeves, along with a bizarre sleeve cuff buttoning arrangement - basted cuffs with two buttons fully functional and two potentially functioning but uncut (which does at least make sleeve shortening more straightforward than if they were all functioning).

lizmasc

Reaction score
THey have some other stuff I'm not too much of a fan of, and I think that the suit looks nice. I don't have much of an issue with the sleeves though

FELT

Reaction score
I'm intrigued as to why they end up on Yoox in such quantities and (at times) such great prices. I've bought really nice wool trousers from them in the past for $30.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40