Costume National on Ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duveen, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Hi, This is a shout-out to LA Guy and others - there is a seller called eDealstyle who has a bunch of nice Costume National shoes. Do they seem legit? I wouldn't think that there would be lots of folks knocking off CN, but one never knows... Thanks for your input.

2. acole

acole Senior member

Well, if they're knocking off CN, they're doing it BIG...775 CN items listed, from dresses to men's trousers to shoes.

3. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

That's (ironically) part of why I am worried. The production run is large enough to make it seem like this company is either a MAJOR liquidator (in which case forum folks probable know them and know that they are legit) or a sweatshop that discovered a new label to counterfeit...

4. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

i have no history dealing with this bidder, but I would say they are most likely a liquidator that just happened to get a huge CN intake recently. If you look at their other items, they are various designers, in odd, one-of-a-kind sizes for the most part. Stuff that would most likely need to be liquidated. I think they probably just got a huge score with CN. Not that I want any bidding competition, but from face value, I would say they are safe.

Dan

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Just something I've noticed about the seller's items: both the setup of mannequins and the relatively esoteric selection of brands offered (Costume, Victoria Grantham, Exte, Vintage 55, etc) look exactly like those on Yoox.

6. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

i just won a pair of CN pants from edealstyle so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

-Jeff

7. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Aybojs,

Interesting point.  I had a similar worry about the photos - that was what first made me wonder.  They seemed very professional and I wondered if they weren't grabbed from another site.  Didn't think of Yoox, but that makes perfect sense.

Jeff-

Pls let us know if you get the trousers.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have no reason to believe that the merchandise is fake, and they guarantee authenticity, but I find it a bit troubling that their auctions contain no pics of labels.

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I hate to keep bumping this (more competition. ) but this seller has some really good prices. The stuff is very Yoox-like, and probably a couple of seasons, if not years, out. Ya think it's post-Yoox stuff? Any opinions on these pieces: [​IMG] Not sure I could pull off a coat like this in cotton... or [​IMG]

10. TYKOSHIRO

TYKOSHIRO Active Member

I called this seller as I wanted to purchase a pair of Incotex pants and had questions about the measurements. The customer service rep confirmed that they liquidate for YOOX.

I purchased the pants and a Barba shirt. Both the pants and shirt were brand new but looked as if they had been tried on, handled and returned to Yoox.

The Items were authentic however I would be hesitant about buying shoes as they have a no return policy.

11. amirrorcrackd

shoreman, that first coat is beautiful. What size? [​IMG] I think just about anyone can pull that coat off if they are in good physical shape and don't wear it too large. Dan

12. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Are the costume national clothes "worth" getting at these prices, or are they fashion non-sense? I've never seen, let alone tried on, this particular brand.

By the way, are the pants sizing correct? I thought a European 54 corresponded to the US 36 waist. Ebaydeals lists a European 50 as having a US 36 waist. I'm about a 35x33, which means I can wear anything from a loose 34 waist to a tight 36, although right now I'm running closer to the 36.

13. amirrorcrackd

A size 50 should be a 34" waist, and a 54 should be a 38" waist.
    I would think you would need a size 52.

Dan

14. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Just wanted to advise that, from my experience, Costume National trousers seem to run large. I bought a pair of velvet trousers from Yoox last year... they were 48, and I'm generally on the larger side of 32. The pants were definitely too big; wearable with a bit of help from my belt, but they didn't all feel like they were fitting properly. I don't have enough knowledge as to whether so you should buy a size down in their pants, but it's just something to keep in mind.