• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cosmetics for men...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anybody tried makeup aimed at men? I realize that this has not been accepted as much as shave balms, and such but I was curious.

Also what are some high end brands that produce these products? Jean Paul Gaultier has this line but apparently they are not available yet. Thank you.

vantheman

Reaction score
I've wondered this myself.

Most womens' cosmetics are fine for men. The difference is that we can't actually look like we have on makeup.

I'd love to use a concealer or something to help out my fair skin (which highlights every tiny imperfection). The only reason I haven't yet is because I don't know how to apply makeup well enough so that you can't tell what I've done.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are actually several for men only lines of makeup out for several years: menaji, studio5 (also called studio5ive), 4VOO, kenmen and i think cake has a men's line now too

i personally don't have any need for these but the most popular appear to be concealers for acne and slight blemishes and under eye concealers for guy's who suffer from dark circles under their eyes

vero_group

Reaction score
I recently did an infomercial testimonial spot and the makeup artist put that concealer stuff under my eyes (I am a night owl and have those dark circles). I looked great on film as a result. Since then I've wondered if I looked OK in person too. Where does one buy this concealer for men?

Enrico

Reaction score
I'm hesitating between Menaji and Anthony's product for my eyes. which one would you recommend?

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't use an under eye make-up, i don't have the need for it, but i do use under eye moisturizer and have had good success with two brands:

baxter of california under eye complex
kiehl's ultra protection moisturizing eye gel spf15

i find both of those, at least for me, better than the anthony one

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think I kiehl's has a concealer as well. It looked like a tube of lipstick.

I go tanning and use some kiehl's stuff for my face, but i think that wearing make-up is a line I will not cross.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I recently received some Menaji anti-shine from ME. I'm actually quite satisfied with it; it doesn't add any color, maybe evens out my skin tone a bit, and most importantly it takes away most of the shine on my face without that telltale "I'm wearing makeup" look that some women sport. No caked on/foundation look. Nobody, myself included, can tell that it's there. It just looks like I'm calm and put together. Nice supporting role, I'm happy.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
The title of this thread should be "Makeup for men". The term cosmetics includes makeup as well as items like soap and shampoo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads