• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corthay

Xenon

Reaction score

the toe box is neither high nor wide so not blobby.In fact I don't think any english shoes have ever been as sleek.

True, it is only that the slope from vamp to tip is more convex.

say Mitteleuropean shoes are huge without understanding that most makers/models are actually cut pretty close to your feet shape and avoid any extension, making them rather small compared to many english and italian shoes.

Great example of how more can appear less. The extension is what is causing the slimmer appearance. Just like 2 men with identical waists; the taller man will appear slimmer.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sure if srs
ok def not srs.
and heres some photos...

These are beautiful. Is that their standard model and they have different finishes?
It seems like when I see corthays they only come in that style.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

These are beautiful. Is that their standard model and they have different finishes?
It seems like when I see corthays they only come in that style.

they do quite a few different models...probably a half a dozen RTW? These are the Arcas...pretty much their flagship shoe. If you get a chance..check out the Satans. I REALLY want to get my feet in a pair soon.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Personally I really like corthay's 001
so let me try to explain what I think he meant.
I don't think blobby is the correct term. It is more an absence of sharpness when looking at the lateral and medial sides forepart / toebox. For instance when you look at the side view of the shoe you will notice on the lateral side that the line conecting toe point to the 5th phalanx (distal & proximal: little toe & a bit more) that there is a pronounced bulge. The line is not straight but infact convex. On certain other shoes this line is straighter or flat. This is a design element and doesn't mean the shoe is blobby or fat etc. However it may provide a little more vertical little toe room for a shoe that is cut very tight horizontally. This is somewhat like cutting a higher toebox.
Edit :Sorry if this is not clear. I would need photoshop to explain clearly

iirc, the 002 is more pleasing to the eye and easier to fit?

any insights(from all) on this front?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who vay?
JOUVET!

This looks nice, the coloring is artistic. Dis you ask the shop,for special polishing service?

Also in 001last?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the 002 more than the 001. I had to size down by 1/2 for the 002.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

the 002 is less.....aggressive?

NOOOOOO!!!!

This looks nice, the coloring is artistic. Dis you ask the shop,for special polishing service?
Also in 001last?

this is the 001 last...and pardon me for speaking for spoodle...i may be wrong...but this is the same leather/color/last as mine, and thats exactly how mine looked. The coloring from the toe to the vamp is nothing short of beautiful.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair. Probably my least favorite shoes I am sorry to say. I love the styling, but I find them too light and flimsy. The leather is very thin. I don't have high hopes for their longevity.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair. Probably my least favorite shoes I am sorry to say. I love the styling, but I find them too light and flimsy. The leather is very thin. I don't have high hopes for their longevity.

Well there are definitely take less to break in comapred to Edward Green, hey don't forget they are blake stitched.

Their leather barely crease, that's what I know

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well there are definitely take less to break in comapred to Edward Green, hey don't forget they are blake stitched.
Their leather barely crease, that's what I know

They are goodyear welted, not blake stitched.

The leathers do crease, Trust me. I have had my pair for a few years. I can already see where I cam going to begin to develop cracks.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are goodyear welted, not blake stitched.
The leathers do crease, Trust me. I have had my pair for a few years. I can already see where I cam going to begin to develop cracks.

Thanks for these information.

Does the shoe fits you well? Creasing due to roomy toebox? My old one not on sales crease less than my C&J..

Just want to find out more and learn as I am going to have major choe purchase soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics