• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corthay

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Kleber and Satan, I mean, Casanova, in bergeronette:

abe9ered.jpg

ere6yryj.jpg

An Arca in aubergine:

yty7ubuh.jpg

And the rest are in lie de vin, my favorite color haha (Bucy, Arca and Cocteau posted previously):

3yqyty3u.jpg

sd2002

Reaction score
WOW very nice collection. Any favorite? I am thinking of Arca in black (guess that is your favorite since you have 2 with third on the way ;)

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have another Arca on the way - in dark navy / matte croc. Love the Arca!

My two cents worth is that you should get a color from Corthay OTHER THAN black. One of Corthay's strengths is its otherworldly coloring and patination - and you miss a lot of that if the base is black calf.

Colors with lots of black in it - like lie de vin or aubergine or navy - via patination/burnishing look black anyway at first glance or in dark lighting!

Oh. Forgot I have Vendomes in olive. These look brown at first glance.

udaze4a9.jpg

sd2002

Reaction score
Very nice, funny thing you say that about black, after looking Arca in aubergine I'm starting to think that is the way to go. Please post pic of the new Arca once you get it. Thx for the input

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice, funny thing you say that about black, after looking Arca in aubergine I'm starting to think that is the way to go. Please post pic of the new Arca once you get it. Thx for the input

AUBERGINE!

egahu2eq.jpg

Only potential drawback of such a unique (or uncommon) color is belt matching. Either get a similar hue, order a Corthay aubergine belt - or wear the shoes when you're wearing pants that don't have belt loops. I end up wearing my aubergine Arcas when I'm in suits with side tabs.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unsure shell cordovan would prevent creasing - see pair below - but perhaps worth a try.

7uha7ere.jpg

these look great on you - who is the maker?

your other shoes by Corthay crease in a funny manner - makes me think that they do not fit perfectly - I think you should try Corthay Bespoke.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your other shoes by Corthay crease in a funny manner - makes me think that they do not fit perfectly - I think you should try Corthay Bespoke.

I also really like the color of that cordovan...

I would like to have a pair of casual fall shoes made in this cordovan...something not so pointy though as a Corthay...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ the new C&J harrogate monk that was released looks awesome. Reminds me of the JL William, not as pointy as no frills (altought I'm in love nonetheless)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like Carmina x epaulet?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I also really like the color of that cordovan...

I would like to have a pair of casual fall shoes made in this cordovan...something not so pointy though as a Corthay...

C&J for RL Cordovan. check @eddievddr10's FS threads. he has the goods, for a good price.

sd2002

Reaction score
I had to google that. Interesting design but I definitely like the original better. Also the dark green looks good but probably better on other models than Arca.

sd2002

Reaction score
Got my Arca. Thanks for frill for suggesting the color, I am Happy with how it came out :)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful...:slayer:

My favourite colour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads