1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Corter Leather Goods - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Sep 30, 2010.

1. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Corter Winter Grab Bag:
    -Ordered: 11/26
    -Shipped: 12/12
    -Received: 12/16

[​IMG]

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

mine's on the truck, pertty psyched to get home and see whats in it!

3. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Well, post some pictures when you get a chance.

4. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Ordered: 11/27
    Shipped: 12/12
    Received: 12/16

Ordered two.

[​IMG]

+ bottlehook (brass)
    [​IMG]

5. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

That's a pretty good haul. I'm still waiting for the second one I ordered (on 11/29) to ship.

6. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Got this wallet from the most recent grab bag if anyone's interested, pm me! I already use a natty card sleeve from Barrett alley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally got my winter grab bag in the mail yesterday after placing the order back in Nov. Seems to be the large passport/travel case. Was hoping for something else but oh well. It's nice and all, just not sure if it will get much use.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Over two separate grab bags, got 2 brass bottlehooks with keyrings, 3 red CXL wrist bands, one of those straw lanyard-y looking things, and a tan standard card sleeve with blue stitching (really pretty, actually).

These will make awesome gifts, unless someone with a wallet or passport/travel case wants to trade!

9. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

I got the wallet pictured above if that's what you're looking for. I'd trade it for a brass bottle hook with keyring. LMK!

10. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Will do... Let's take this to pm. Pm me!

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

Ordered 11/28
    Shipped 12/31

Not sure why it took so long but happy with what I got

[​IMG]

Would be interested to trade something for a travel wallet

12. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

I also ordered two bags and received the exact same contents.
    They came after emailing with Eric about my old keyhook, which broke and which he said he'd replace...
    So looks like my friends will be getting Keyhooks as gifts!

Overall I'm not really impressed with the value of these bags. The pic on the site/description made it seem like a lot of nice stuff would be given out, but in the end it seems to just be a way to move older style key hooks and unevenly cut leather bracelets.

13. centrix

centrix Senior member

he also takes a very long time to send these out... agreed, will not be buying again

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  14. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I don't think you're alone in that sentiment.

Now, I haven't completely cast the brand aside, as I appreciate Eric's style and the one-man nature of his operation.

However, the expediency of his shipping process has caused me to reconsider ordering a few items, especially as gifts.

15. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

i love the GRAB BAG idea
    it totally sucks people into the HOPE of something good then is a total letdown for most...

if most of you guys saw what you guys were getting, i dont know if you would have paid

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I bought two since I finally didn't miss out and not a single item I liked

And what bugs me is that he'll reply on instagram quick but emails don't go answered ever. And he'll post his expeditions for the day, which half the time seems to be all he is doing

Two years ago it was ok, quick communication and shipping but now it's pretty poor.

I have a few belts that I'm happy with but not sure I'd order direct in future

17. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

I feel the same way.
    I totally appreciate that it's a one man operation, he's doing his thing, etc.

Still, when I first emailed him about my broken keyhook he didn't respond. Followed up a week later, having ordered two grab bags at that point, with the suggestion that he just ship my replacement along with my grab bags, and was told "replacements are processed separately".

But isn't Corter Leather just one dude making shit and then mailing it out?

So the same dude who filled my grab bags with two key hooks is sending me another replacement key hook. At a later date. And in a separate package.

Awesome.

I'm all for small biz owners thriving, but "artisanal leather goods" is a pretty saturated market at the moment. Plenty of other options out there.

1 person likes this.
  18. centrix

centrix Senior member

this will seriously be the first and last time im getting a winter bag from him...

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Not sure what people expected... the grab bags are used to dump junky extras.

20. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

In my winter grab bag I got a Brass bottlehook (which I really wanted and like, too bad there is no ring and leather tag) and a standard cardholder in a brown-yellowish leather with the inside piece being a green leather. IMO ugly..ha. still worth it in my eyes considering a usual bottlehook is basically the same price as the bag

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014