• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corpus or Nudie for Selvage Jeans?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the straight svens. My friend has a pair. They are pretty solid.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last I checked, Corpus didn't make selvage jeans. That said, you can get the Fine (similar fit to the Sven) for around a hundred bucks less. Personally, I like them better, as they aren't as loud as the Nudies, with their back pocket stitching.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Nudie better. Their backpocket stitching can be removed. With Corpus, you're stuck with their weird ass pocket designs.

JaCet

Reaction score
nudie better than corpus...

the backpocket stitching is fine get over it..

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper

I would go as far to remove the pleather patch while you're at it.

Seconded. The black and red one on the Average Joe Black Selvage is particularly ugly.

savage

Reaction score
the corpus denim your looking at is RAW but not Selvage where as the Nudies are both.

IMO I'd go with the nudies.

sidenote

Reaction score
Ack, I was looking at the raw ones instead of the selvage ones below - I am an idiot. In any case, sounds like Nudie is the way to go - thanks all.

nudielover

Reaction score
Nudie ftw (obviously you can tell my response from my nick). Their cuts and fits are great.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I like Nudie better. Their backpocket stitching can be removed. With Corpus, you're stuck with their weird ass pocket designs.

Not anymore. Now they use normal back pockets and they just have one line of stitching that looks like a backwards version of the PDC J stitching. These have quickly become one of my favorite jeans brands, due to fit, simplicity, and price.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Not anymore. Now they use normal back pockets and they just have one line of stitching that looks like a backwards version of the PDC J stitching. These have quickly become one of my favorite jeans brands, due to fit, simplicity, and price.

Hmmm...I haven't looked at them for over a year. I saw them at Stel's in Boston when they were supposedly new to the US. I just couldn't get past the stupid back pockets. I'll take a look next time.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn

but I liked the weird ass pocket design. It's actually more functional that way.....

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP

I really like Corpus's new pocket design. Saw a pair on Revolve, and for $150, they seem like nice jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads