• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

corpus denim

bsyde82

Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts (re: quality, fit, etc) on corpus jeans? namely the Tal series...some look pretty sick online but ive never seen em in person...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are nice jeans, probably some of the nicer and better designed denim in the $150-$200 range, and an especially good deal if you get them from Denim Bar (20% discount.) In early incarnations, Corpus had some problems in production with the reinforcement behind the top button, but I believe that they've fixed that problem. I really liked front seam on the Tals, as well as the antifit but flattering top block, achieved by making the hips slim (unlike the antifit of repro jeans) but with an elongated crutch.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are nice jeans, probably some of the nicer and better designed denim in the $150-$200 range, and an especially good deal if you get them from Denim Bar (20% discount.) In early incarnations, Corpus had some problems in production with the reinforcement behind the top button, but I believe that they've fixed that problem. I really liked front seam on the Tals, as well as the antifit but flattering top block, achieved by making the hips slim (unlike the antifit of repro jeans) but with an elongated crutch.

this is a noob question...but what exactly is antifit? ive read several different and contradicting definitions

nastyandy

Reaction score
I have only one pair of Corpus jeans in my wardrobe, they are the 'fine straight' from a couple of seasons ago, but they are one my favorite.

The denim that they use is the best modern "Made is US" denim I have seen. I also think the scooped out pockets give them an awesome unique touch that puts 'pocket designs' and logos to shame.

I'm not a fan of tapered jeans so I can't tell you much about the Tals, and the denim on my pair is not selvedge, but Corpus has a lot of points in my book.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
this is a noob question...but what exactly is antifit? ive read several different and contradicting definitions
In a nutshell, a roomier seat.

Reaction score
Tals are a great fit, at least the washed models, if you like your jeans slim but slouchy. Corduroy lining around the inside of the waistband, too, which is a nice touch.

There's a fit picture here...better than what I've seen on Active or Revolve models. http://www.agua-web.jp/product/227

savage

Reaction score
The Tals are pretty funky jeans. I like the suspenders, on the raw ones + the BIG cuffs.
corpusfromactiveendeavors.jpg

savage

Reaction score
I'm posting this in Buying/ Selling as well, but we're having 40% off our corpus stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads