• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corneliani

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just came across my first Corneliani suit in the "Linea Sartoria."  I am pleased to say that it fit me well, and I bought it for $375, but I would have bought it if it was a regular Corneliani.  The construction of this suit was amazing.  It was a Super 140's with significant handwork. It of course had a canvas front but also had basted lapels with handpicked edges, and handsewn buttonholes.  I initially thought it was a Zegna Napoli.  It is truly a very fine suit.  The list price was $1295, which for the construction and material is a steal.  I have always been a big Isaia fan, and usually preferred Isaia over most others.  But I think this suit is on par if not better, and for the money it is no contest.  Knowing Corneilani I am confident that this was not a one off suit, and others will have similar attributes.  I strongly suggest that you keeps your eyes open for these as I don't think one could come close for the money.   Just one man's opinion.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if they sell Corneliani suits here in Korea. I would very much like to see one.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
For whatever reason, Corneliani is always a great value -- one of the best out there. I have a Linea Sartoria suit as well and it set me back all of $500.

That is a good deal, where you as surprised as me with the differences from between the Linea Sartoria and the regular line?  

It isn't as great as the difference between regular Zegna and Napoli or regular Pal Zileri and their sartoriale line, nor is the difference in price.  But I would say it is a clear cut above Canali and other midline canvas suits.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a big difference between my Satoria and a newer line called Corneliani Collection. The CC line is fused, and the fabrics aren't as nice, and the price points aren't that much lower. I bought a CC on sale in a Saks (granted, I paid more for it that I should have) for about $450. The Sartoria I bought at an outlet store.

I would agree that the Sartoria is a cut above Canali, but I have a couple of Canalis that are fabulous, including a double breasted navy pinstripe. And I think Canali is way above the CC -- it's not even close.

Probably Corneliani is not as well known as Canali or Zegna, and that's why the price is such a  good deal.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute -- I thought Linea Sartoria was Corneliani's regular line and CC Collection and Trend were its diffusion lines.  I have a Super 100s Linea Sartoria, which I bought for around $450 to $500 at an Off Fifth, and I agree it is a great suit for the money.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Wait a minute -- I thought Linea Sartoria was Corneliani's regular line and CC Collection and Trend were its diffusion lines. I have a Super 100s Linea Sartoria, which I bought for around $450 to $500 at an Off Fifth, and I agree it is a great suit for the money.

Actually the Linea Sartoria is their top end line. Much like Canali Exclusive. Though from what I can tell, the only differences between Canali and Canali exclusive is the linings and a some nicer fabrics. The construction seems on par with main line Canali. With Corneliani, the Linea Sartoria is in my opinion clearly better than the regular line. With CC and Trend way behind.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute -- I thought Linea Sartoria was Corneliani's regular line and CC Collection and Trend were its diffusion lines. Â I have a Super 100s Linea Sartoria, which I bought for around $450 to $500 at an Off Fifth, and I agree it is a great suit for the money.
Actually the Linea Sartoria is their top end line. Â Much like Canali Exclusive. Â Though from what I can tell, the only differences between Canali and Canali exclusive is the linings and a some nicer fabrics. Â The construction seems on par with main line Canali. Â With Corneliani, the Linea Sartoria is in my opinion clearly better than the regular line. Â With CC and Trend way behind.
That's good to know. Â Where did you find a Super 140s Linea Sartoria for $375?

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
That's good to know.  Where did you find a Super 140s Linea Sartoria for $375?
Nordstrom Rack in Grand Rapids.  The funny thing is that I almost gave up even looking for anything there.  Seems like all the merchandise they get is second rate.  The only thing that keeps me going there is Ike Beher seven fold ties which they sell for $19.97.  All the ties they had yesterday were ugly, but I did find the suit.  Made my day.

EDIT --Another note, it is clear that the suit was not originally from Nordstrom as there was another store label sewn in which was removed. interesting that a Nordstrom rack would be selling something not from a Nordstrom store or made specifically for the Rack.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT --Another note, it is clear that the suit was not originally from Nordstrom as there was another store label sewn in which was removed.  interesting that a Nordstrom rack would be selling something not from a Nordstrom store or made specifically for the Rack.
That's probably due to Nordstrom's great return policy. If you insist you bought something from Nordstrom, they pretty much will take it back. I have heard stories of people returning ridiculous things (e.g. a tire) to Nordstrom successfully. I imagine with anything they get back that isn't current season merch they send it to the Rack.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is that I almost gave up even looking for anything there.  Seems like all the merchandise they get is second rate.  
So true.  In my experience, nine out of ten trips outlet shopping result in my sorting through piles of crap for several hours and finding nothing that I would take for free, much less buy.  The tenth trip is a goldmine that makes up for the other nine trips and gives me reason to go back again.  This past Saturday at Off Fifth, I found a navy pinstripe/chalkstripe Baldessarini Boss suit selling for $499 on the same rack with a bunch of Hugo Boss suits selling at the same price.  (Good thing most guys don't know the difference.)  With a 25% off coupon, I bought the suit for $375.

On a side note, I have been told that the appeal of golf is very similar -- once in a blue moon, you will hit a shot so straight and pure that Tiger Woods could do no better, making up for the hundreds of slices and hooks that came before it.  Then you will spend an ungodly amount of time trying to figure out exactly what you did to hit that shot.

Sharp Man

Reaction score
In an interview I found on the internet at eastoneline.eu (Its undated unfortunately) with Corneliani President Carlalberto Corneliani he said:

Quote:
[COLOR=rgb(13.725000%, 12.157000%, 12.549000%)]Slovakia is part of our so-called secondary lines. The Corneliani world, i.e. everything that is sold under the Corneliani brand, is only produced here, in our Mantua factory.[/COLOR]

So imagine my surprise when I unwrapped yesterday a Corneliani main line silk T-Shirt that I had ordered from an Italian supplier from whom I have bought many fine Corneliani items in the past and found this inside:

What gives?

To be fair the shirt fits perfectly, is cut very nicely and the stitching is perfect. But I assumed (wrongly) when I ordered it that it was made in Italy and I would not have paid more than $100 for it if I had known it was made in China.

I had a Corneliani technical jacket a year ago that I got on eBay that also had the same 'Made in China' label. I sent it back to the vendor because 3 of the popper 'buttons' did not close (the inners on the top bits were cheap nylon or plastic). Secretly I suspected (hoped) that it was a fake and that Corneliani do not make stuff in China that sells under their own brand. But it seems they do. And I should have known that people who make fakes do not put labels inside advertising that the item is fake so it was likely genuine.

And I recently have seen Corneliani Collection stuff advertised as made in Slovakia (although I have a lot of CC stuff and it is all made in Italy). I had thought at least that the main line collection would be sacrosanct.

I think it's a huge mistake for Corneliani to tarnish their brand in this way. It won't put me off buying their Italian made articles in future but I will now check each and every item I look at and if I can't find a "made in Italy' label, I will pass.

But why the turnaround after Carlalberto was so adamant in his interview that if it has got his family name on it, it is made in Mantua?

What have others seen out there in stores?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads