Corneliani suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Sep 5, 2002.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I know they are well regarded for their shirts... how about the suits? I know they have an Italian cut to them, I wonder how severe it is. I wear a 48L now in American suits and have a chance to buy a European size 58 Corneliani Super 150s suit. I'm losing weight now and will be down to a American sack suit 46 very shortly... think a 58 Italian cut would worknow or would I have to wait until I get a bit smaller? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

I just bought a Corneliani myself 42r and found I could have done with a 43r, even though I am a 42R normally. The suit is great, but the cut is a bit different than say a Canali, which I normally wear. The jacket seems more elongated and slimmer than a Canali. I'm ignorant as to the different cuts in Italian style, but am sure someone on here will be able identify them.
    Corneliani makes a great suit and a size larger would probably be the way to go.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

then I assume if I get down to a 46, a 48 Corneliani would be ok in your opinion?

4. Stu

Stu Senior member

Well, based on my experience, I think yes.

5. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I went ahead and bought it... it's super 150's merino wool, grey 3 button, got it for $420. If it fits I will be a very, very happy guy.