Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corneliani suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Sep 5, 2002.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I know they are well regarded for their shirts... how about the suits? I know they have an Italian cut to them, I wonder how severe it is. I wear a 48L now in American suits and have a chance to buy a European size 58 Corneliani Super 150s suit. I'm losing weight now and will be down to a American sack suit 46 very shortly... think a 58 Italian cut would worknow or would I have to wait until I get a bit smaller? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

I just bought a Corneliani myself 42r and found I could have done with a 43r, even though I am a 42R normally. The suit is great, but the cut is a bit different than say a Canali, which I normally wear. The jacket seems more elongated and slimmer than a Canali. I'm ignorant as to the different cuts in Italian style, but am sure someone on here will be able identify them.
    Corneliani makes a great suit and a size larger would probably be the way to go.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

then I assume if I get down to a 46, a 48 Corneliani would be ok in your opinion?

4. Stu

Stu Senior member

Well, based on my experience, I think yes.

5. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I went ahead and bought it... it's super 150's merino wool, grey 3 button, got it for $420. If it fits I will be a very, very happy guy.