Corneliani shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by T4phage, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Looking to improve

Looking to improve Senior member

T4phage, As I said, I'm seriously considering Borrelli m-t-m. As I understand it, prices of Borrelli aren't that far off from Zegna m-t-m, allbeit with 'cheaper' fabrics (The price-difference with the exact same fabric however, was impressive: approx. EUR 600,= if memory serves). That being said, the choice of fabrics was far greater (and not limited to Zegna cloth) and the workmanship will probably be better as well. What has kept me back, was the (perceived) 'enormous' price and the fact that I'm quite happy with the fit of my Zegna m-t-m. Then there is also the fear than, once I have a bite out of the Borrelli-apple, I can't/won't go back. This became all the more relevant as I was drenched by the rain this morning. I read about 'foul weather' suits over on AskAndy's and had a good laugh. Not anymore. Perhaps Corneliani m-t-m. (The Arrow shop on Kneuterdijk did a nice job on a linen m-t-m, regular Corneliani line). But things looking as they are, there will probably be a Borrelli hanging in my closet in the not to distant future  [​IMG] . And I'll most likely still shell out serious money for a 'decent' if still simple cloth. You have Etro m-t-m/bespoke? How do you like that? Their designs are always, well, interesting, perhaps not enrirely to my liking (jackets etc.) but you won't hear me say 'never'. Not after finding this forum  [​IMG] . I don't know anything about the sale at Shoes & Shirts, YET. I'm going to Maastricht for a weekend in two weeks and will certainly drop by S&S. I can't remember them having sales though...  [​IMG] . That would be an even better way of stocking up on shoes. MtB

2. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

No, no, no.... what I meant was (regarding Borrelli swim trunks), was that Etro fit the bill for me. [​IMG] Yes, the price is a lot higher with Borrelli than Zegna or Maffeis, but still, what a nice shirt..... What you should do is buy it in Italy. Once you have a relationship with the store there, you can easily reorder (they will send you fabric samples with each new collection).

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

Here in Korea we're pretty much limited to whatever domestic brands the stores carry. They are good, but they don't use MOP buttons. There's a Zegna store here that does MTM shirts, but I haven't heard many good things about their value considering the worksmanship and price. It looks like I'll never get anything Borrelli until I move back to the states. Even eBay has forsaken me [​IMG]

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by Looking to Improve:
    That is where I saw some Corneliani shirts, including the double cuff poplins on sale.

They have a mtm shirt brand there called Emmanuel Berg, it looked pretty well made for the price.

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Oh by the way, Corneliani's are on sale at Meddens on the Fred for Euro 35, some pieces left. Also Belstaff jackets for Euro 45, some Corneliani sportscoats for Euro 100 to 150 (super 100's and 120's), Corneliani overcoat for about Euro 200 - perfect voor een Nederlander.

6. Looking to improve

T4phage, [​IMG] Oops, here I am talking about m-t-m suits, while you're talking about swimming trunks and shirts. I should keep focused on the topic at hand. So, staying more on topic, I'm also considering a Borrelli m-t-m shirt, but in the somewhat more distant future than a Borrelli m-t-m suit (about a week after delivery of the Borelli suit [​IMG] ). I'll probably go to another shop than Oger's for those shirts, like Montulet in Maastricht. I know about the Berg shirts. The owner(?) (Jack?) was trying VERY hard to steer me towards his m-t-m shirts and also away from Zegna m-t-m suits in favour of (his) Corneliani's. Etro swimming trunks? Â [​IMG] . Alias, Hang in there, all of us here on the forum will provide moral support as much as we can. Nice new avatar by the way. But perhaps a bit violent a reaction to not being able to get your hands on anything Borrelli? Â [​IMG] MtB

7. Looking to improve

I'm perfectly sorted for jackets and overcoats. I don't even know which one to wear anymore (OK, I'm stretching it a bit too far there, but I think you get what I mean.) And it would be perfect for a Nederlander, which, of course I am. I've been wondering about you though... Â [​IMG] MtB

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by Looking to Improve:
    [​IMG] Got a bit bored with the tighter speedos, and they (Etro) fit the mood of summer.

9. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

[​IMG]

10. Looking to improve

I imagine they do. Then, so would the Borrelli's have  [​IMG] , or Vilebrequin for that matter [​IMG] . MtB

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

(T4phage @ 02 July 2004, 01:29) [​IMG] Â Got a bit bored with the tighter speedos, and they (Etro) fit the mood of summer.
    I imagine they do. Then, so would the Borrelli's have  [​IMG] , or Vilebrequin for that matter [​IMG] . MtB
    The Borrelli's fit looked like they were for a much older person.

12. Looking to improve

[Changing mental picture] Â [​IMG] I haven't tried the Borrelli's, so I'll take your word (and with the 'usual' clientele of Pelgers in mind) for it. I would have, though, if I hadn't already had my Vilebrequin. I'm sure glad I got those before they were mass-marketed. MtB

13. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally Posted by T4phage,02 July 2004, 01:35
    The Borrelli's fit looked like they were for a much older person.
    [Changing mental picture] Â [​IMG]
    Ik ben jong hoor... [​IMG] Younger than the usual clientele of Pelger's

14. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

According to the Borrelli website, there should be a salespoint at DAEBANG DONG DONGIAK KU SEOUL, and GANGNAM-KU .

15. Looking to improve

[Changing mental picture even further] Â [​IMG] MtB P.S.
    Well, the moral support already kicked in. Â [​IMG] .