• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corneliani shirt

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....83&rd=1 this is a GORGEOUS shirt IMO. Sleeves are too short for me though. Not a terrific deal but Corneliani shirts are a little hard to come by in my experience and I like them a lot. Just thought I'd pass it along, we're all here to help each other, right?
smile.gif

Jofaile

Reaction score
Wow, I would love to have that shirt (French cuff, spread collar is my absolute favorite style). But, unfortunately, I wear 15 1/2 - 34/35, so the sleeve would be a bit too short for me as well. On to the next contestant...
confused.gif

Jofaile

Reaction score
Yes, still too short. It is as if he knows us and is taunting us intentionally.
smile.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a very nice shirt; you can tell it's good quality by the way the boxes match up on the placket. I had no idea that Corneliani shirts went for $295 though. Are they THAT good? Are they up to Borrelli standards?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that Corneliani shirts went for $295 though. Are they THAT good? Are they up to Borrelli standards?
I was more than surprised by that as well. I'm sure they are very good quality, but I doubt they are in the realm of Borrelli. Probably a step down. Incidentally, the Nov. Robb Report has a GREAT article on top of the line dress shirts and 10 ways to tell if one is. I didn't realize that Lorenzini made Ralph Lauren Purple Label's dress shirts- they do according to that article. Lorenzini, Borrelli and Kiton all got high praise in the article... as well as Robert Talbott. They discussed the advantages of machine made (Lorenzini) vs. mostly handmade (Kiton)- there are advantages to both IMO. Lorenzini doesn't use handwork in their shirts, but they do use amazing fabric and materials- and they have the ability to make terrific shirts very quickly (up to 300 in a 1 minute run thru the machine.
wow.gif
) so that brings down the cost. Kiton on the other hand DOES use machine work for the basics of their shirts but does quite a bit of handwork on every single shirt, consequently they can't produce as many.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Perhaps the seller is exaggerating a wee bit on the retail for the Corneliani. Most I've ever seen them for is $155. Nordstroms out here used to carry them a couple of years back, and there are a few specialty stores that do as well. Haven't seen any recently, but am in midst of fact check with a couple of stores I know that carry them. If anyone's interested, I shall report back.

BTW is that RR still on the stands? I need to get a subscription....

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW is that RR still on the stands? I need to get a subscription....
it is, I just got mine off the stand yesterday. Cover is luxury watches and jewelry IIRC.

davei

Reaction score
Incidentally, the Nov. Robb Report has a GREAT article on top of the line dress shirts and 10 ways to tell if one is. I didn't realize that Lorenzini made Ralph Lauren Purple Label's dress shirts- they do according to that article. Lorenzini, Borrelli and Kiton all got high praise in the article... as well as Robert Talbott.
Does the article mention which Talbott shirts compare to Lorenzini/Borrelli/Kiton? IIRC they have several lines, some of which are in the $150-200 range (half of the aforementioned three.)

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the article mention which Talbott shirts compare to Lorenzini/Borrelli/Kiton?
it does not, but the pic of the RT shirt in the article is from Best In Class, which according to RT's website is their top of the line. I've seen a few of their shirts before- they're very nice, and cost less than the other names mentioned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads